Who buys content through Content Paradise?

• Because it has been so quiet for so long (talking about it) I have been wondering who is buying through Content Paradise. Have you bought anything through CP in the last six months?

• This post is deleted!

• With the sales at DAZ and Rendo I haven't bought much that not been at least 50% off, so CP hasn't had much of a look in, a fair amount of stuff sitting in my wish list there, but probably only buy about 1 item a month.

• ...Nope.

• I've actually purchased 4 items in the past 5 1/2 yrs., and 2 of those were Poser 7 and Poser 9. The only other items were freebies. During the 3 years prior to that, there were a number of purchases and freebies. I too stopped going there regularly when the site changed.

I was under the impression there were plans to redesign the site, and if that actually transpires, I might come back.

• Poser Ambassadors

This post is deleted!

• Was CP a casualty of the "reorganization"?

• In the last 6 months? No. But I haven't bought anything from Rendo or DAZ either. I've seen nothing that interests me. Even all the Genesis 3 stuff is just rehashes of old V4 things.

• Poser Ambassadors

@meshbox

I wondered about that too.

Usually I would upload all my products at CP too. But sometimes I sell more in one day at Renderosity than I sell in an entire month at CP nowadays. Very sad! So I started selling everything exclusive at Renderosity. It's a shame, because I really want to support Smith Micro / Poser / CP.

I hope I nevertheless support them with making products for Poser :)

• As a potential purchaser, I think all products at CP are guilty by association with the shovelware they've sold in the past.

• In the last six months, I downloaded a freebie. I do have a coupon they sent from my birthday, so the next time I get a wishlist sales notice, I may use it.

The 2 reasons I'm less likely to buy there are 1) I do a lot (almost exclusively) of fantasy and there is little fantasy there. 2) I don't like the 30-day download limit or the automatically putting in the extended download into your cart, even for freebies and if you edit your cart, it shows back up.

• I've purchased some older items for Miki 1-4, Terai Yuki, and Sydney.

I don't really like shopping there because of the 30-day download limit. I feel the automatically putting the extended download into the cart is complete rip off.

• Sometimes - more rarely... I note that my account at Content Paradise holds access to my software purchases from Smith Micro, so it is still needed.

• @redphantom said in Who buys content through Content Paradise?:

The 2 reasons I'm less likely to buy there are 1) I do a lot (almost exclusively) of fantasy and there is little fantasy there. 2) I don't like the 30-day download limit or the automatically putting in the extended download into your cart, even for freebies and if you edit your cart, it shows back up.

Those seem like legitimate reasons. Of course I have a ton of fantasy 3d buildings there, myself ;-)

I have wondered about the download limit as well. It seems to me that it is an 'upsell' in which SM can make money without paying a share of that to the vendor. I think that would be really good feedback for Smith to hear.

Honestly, were someone to complain to me as a vendor, Id just set up an alternative download for them. All of the Read Me files are supposed to have links or addresses for vendor support.

• @karanta
    This is actually a major difference I see between the philosophies of Smith Micro and DAZ.

Smith Micro and the Poser team seem to support all Poser related products, regardless if they are being sold at CP or not. With SM and the Poser team, I am treated as a colleague. On the other hand, DAZ seems to treat anyone who isn't selling through DAZ3D's store as 'competition'.

• @meshbox What's frustrating is Daz seems to treat its customers better than Content Paradise does. Not that CP is evil or anything, but CP's web site feels very dated, and not having unlimited free downloads of purchased content feels exploitive when compared to other sites.

• Both Rendo and Daz allow you to re-download your purchases any time you need to. This is the gold standard in customer service as far as I'm concerned. Rendo still hosts old products for download that are no longer in their shop.

• @ghostship So does Daz.

• Poser Ambassadors

Tja,

Most "selling sites" have to "live" from the content they sell so their prime focus is on presenting and selling content.

CP is/was more of a by-product that came more or less accidently with the app and it never was a priority.
    Neither in funding, maintenance or development.

• Poser Ambassadors

@willshetterly This expiring downloads are keeping me away from buying over CP.
    I had two years ago a real Armageddon . My PC crash for unknown reason, 2 harddrives die , one with my Poser runtime and the C drive.
    But not enough , my external harddrive was just plugged to , where all my resources, Poserstuff, I stored. This harddrive went to Nirvana also. I had to re download all my stuff again. DAZ, RDNA, Renderocity etc..all no problem. But some stuff which I had from CP , all lost ( My Miki collection, Terra Yuki). Hope they improve this in the store.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.