Who buys content through Content Paradise?

• Poser Ambassadors

@tempesta3d Yeah, one of the reason why we think about to upload our new building there. It will be Poser only files , so DAZ not possible. Renderosity , CP , we still struggle which better. One hand, freedom is priceless , but the promo size over CP is not really product friendly. Will see, but your argument is valid :)

• @Ladonna True, I wish sooo badly that SM will consider to make CP more modern and appealing to the eyes for both sellers and customers.
    I feel also very free at Rendo, my home. They are all frendly there too and, being a messy content creator, it is fenomenal to have professional testers to check all my files, this is great especially for the artists/customers who have to use what they buy.

But they are always kind and gentle, they help me improve and correct my (many) mistakes. They are never judgemental or nasty at Renderosity.

Hivewire3d are also wonderful people and I had nothing but amazing experiences there.

My other experience is not good so I will avoid to go in details :-)

• Poser Ambassadors

@tempesta3d I know what you mean. Being there also lol.
    Over HW we never sell, just Renderosity.But long ago and there they was a bit messy and not really nice. But I guess they change after so long.
    After RDNA closed, we was really absent . Lack of time, PC issues, moving , all comes together. But now we feel we can again release some stuff. CP is the home of Poser, so I think it will be the best choice for the first product.

• Poser Ambassadors

I would also love to see an improoved CP with larger thumbnails, larger promos and it would be great if they would give up those additional fees for downloading a product later again. And for all people who sell at CP it would be extremly helpful if SM would have a merchant / vendor forum.

At the moment I'm selling exclusive at Renderosity. I like it there and I agree with Tempesta - everybody is kind and helpful and I enjoy selling there but I would also love to sell at CP again :) When I released my first set for Pauline I thought CP is the first place to sell it. But sadly it's not - it's Renderosity.

• @tempesta3d
    Really? Rendo have testers? I just bought and downloaded 2 products (that I won't name) and not one single material option loads. Not one of about 15. I need to redo ALL of them by reapplying the materials to their respective zones. Further, the templates folder contained the read me's. No templates. Testers?

• @karanta I once did a dancer's outfit for Roxie and I did a large promo Render for her wearing the out fit. I spoke to one of the salespeople at CP and they put the promo on the CP banner page for about three or four weeks. I know that's not exactly what you're talking about, but I think it shows that SM does care enough if you can just get to the right people.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark18941

I know the people at SM are very kind, generous and helpful people too :) I know some of them, because years ago I did a lot of commissioned clothes for them. I'm still in the beta testing team - I think, because I always supported their 3D people (mostly Pauline at the moment). But the case that they are all friendly and nice people does not make people buy at CP. Shopping experience needs to be easy, quick and fun. Thumbnails need to be larger to see what's available and promos need to be larger.

I'm an old Poser user ;) and I would love to see Poser support from customers and vendors growing a lot again. But I have the bad feeling that the opposit is happening ...

(I'm sorry about my bad English...)

• Poser Ambassadors

@karanta , never give up hope. Poser is a great software, even whit his flaws. Very versatile . I think as soon we have a nice new character/figure , people will use it again.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ladonna

:) no - I'll never give up hope. I love Poser - I always did since version 4 :) And as soon as I see that nice new figure I'll grab it as quick as I can lol

• Poser Ambassadors

@karanta So me. Even when time to time I switch somewhere else, I always switch back after a short time. Have many new plans for Poser, Freebies, new Environment , time to catch up again :)

• @piersyf I know what you mean. I downloaded a product last year by a vendor, who wasn't new to the store, and had to totally redo everything, including the thumbnails. That was the first and only time I've had that happen in all the years I've been shopping at Renderosity, so it really surprised me.

That said, I don't think any 3D marketplace has beta testers for anything but their own products, in this case, RPublishing products, but I know there are (or should be) Quality Assurance teams who test all products by brokered vendors before they are placed in the store. Whether Renderosity has such a team seems questionable judging from our experiences.

I also know Renderosity has a Beta Testing forum, where I believe you can go to find testers, or let folks know you're available for testing. I think vendors need to find a group of beta testers they can count on, and often that requires trial and error, but once you find such a team of testers, then you're in a good place for getting products into your store of choice, and success in selling said products without any bad experiences by the end users.

• Agreed, Miss B. To be clear, I don't regret the purchases at all, they are fine products. I was mainly questioning the comment that Rendo had product testers. I'm more inclined to believe your interpretation, that the vendors have their own. or ask for them. It might have been clearer if the original statement had been that testers may be available to vendors, rather than an implication (my interpretation) that all products were tested.

• I only speak from my own experience, as I have beta tested for vendors at several 3D stores for years (though not at Renderosity), and for the most part each of the vendors has a regular group of testers they work with all the time.

I would hope they have some form of Quality Assurance team to check vendor's products to make sure they work as stated, and the zips are setup properly, depending on whether it's for Poser, DS, Carrara, Bryce or whatever 3D software app it was created for, before it's uploaded to the store. I just don't have any way of knowing that for sure where Renderosity is concerned.

• @piersyf I am sorry to hear the issues you had with the items, have you contacted the seller thru sitemail? They should fix the product for you.
    Oh yes, believe me. They have testers and mine is amazing, spots every mistake I make, even the smallest. It is a salvation for me. They are human too so it can happen that some errors slip, there are sooo many things to check I don't envy their hard work.

• @Ladonna I agree and I keep saying this: Poser NEEDS badly a good looking figure, I am stressing about this for ages. I will never give up on Poser myself and I am glad to see some love here. I adore Poser and always will, now we need a good figure to have ppl love the program as we do.

• @eclark18941 They do care, you are so right. It is not the usual company who slaps on your face that you are just a cashcow for them. They care and for my experience they are always very open and kind.

• @piersyf I am sorry to insist on this, but I am selling at Rendo from many years and I can assure you that each one of my items is always tested before hitting the store and so do every other item you see there. I am assigned a tester, like was said from other ppl here, and 99% of the times they spot my mistakes and block my items until I correct everything, then the item is re-tested to be sure I fixed all. When all is fine they give me green light.

The same happened at Hivewire3d, all the files were accurately tested.

I never ever used my own tester for anything. Oh, they even check the readme. Now, I guess there are testers and testers... I am lucky to have one that is fenomenal and again, I don't envy her work because I can be a messy content creator LOL.

Again, for every mistake you find you should contact the seller privately and ask a fix or a refund. Especially because everything is tested before, it should and must work for you.

• Poser Ambassadors

@tempesta3d , there are still many Poser fans out. I spent many times to help out via chat, e-mail new and old Poser user. Many are not very active in the Forums, common Galleries , but they are still there and watch very carefully the Poser world :)

• @piersyf said in Who buys content through Content Paradise?:

Agreed, Miss B. To be clear, I don't regret the purchases at all, they are fine products. I was mainly questioning the comment that Rendo had product testers. I'm more inclined to believe your interpretation, that the vendors have their own. or ask for them. It might have been clearer if the original statement had been that testers may be available to vendors, rather than an implication (my interpretation) that all products were tested.

Renderosity does have product testers. The thing is, though, that the top vendors don't go through testing at all. They submit a product and it goes into the store without testing at Renderosity, so if they haven't had private testers look at the product mistakes can end up in your owned content.

As a vendor, I have a team of trusted private testers. They go through my products with a fine tooth comb and typically catch any problems. Then, once I submit a product to the Hivewire store, it goes through another rigorous testing cycle by Hivewire QA.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D said in Who buys content through Content Paradise?:

The thing is, though, that the top vendors don't go through testing at all.

Hm ... I never heard about that. Tempesta is a top vendor at Renderosity and she just told us that the tester usually catch problems and years ago I was a top vendor at Renderosity too and all my products went through testing.