Hide all tabs button on customized toolbar?

• Hi! I was just wondering if there is a way to add a toolbar button for "hide all palettes" (tab key). I can't seem to find that particular menu item when I try to customize the toolbar, and it would be very practical to have it available when drawing on a tablet computer.

Did I just miss it somewhere, or is it maybenot possible? Any pointers would be much appreciated :)

• I believe the only way to hide all palettes is the Tab key. And unlike all other shortcut keys it cannot even be re=mapped to a different key.. Even if you create a differrent saved Workspace with less or no palettes in it.... you cannot set a key or a toolbar button to switch to a differrent workspace..

• Allright, then at least I'm not going blind :D Thanks for the help 888toto!

• A "button" to hide palettes is already there on each palette. The "x" close button on floating palettes or the "<<" and ">>" chevrons on the docked palettes will remove a palette or palettes from site. Buttons to reveal specific palettes can be added to the Command Bar. For example, you can add a color wheel button on the Command Bar to pull up the color wheel and then click the x to close it. Add a Tool Palette button to reveal the Tool Palette and click the x to close. It's a lot to add every single palette to the Command Bar but if you stick to the most often used floating palettes it's not that much. I've placed a few palettes that I don't like having docked on the Command Bar, palettes that are often used alone (I like Sub View floating for example). When I don't need a palette anymore, I close it. Other palettes, like Layer and Layer Properties, I like to have grouped together and docked. For those, the chevrons will reveal and hide the palettes.

• You can make an action to close the palettes and add that to the command bar. Problem is if one of the palettes is closed when you trigger the action, it will open instead. But you can do different sets of palettes. I gave mine keyboard shortcuts.

• Thanks for the tips and workarounds! I appreciate it :)

• @PGross said in Hide all tabs button on customized toolbar?:

You can make an action to close the palettes and add that to the command bar. Problem is if one of the palettes is closed when you trigger the action, it will open instead. But you can do different sets of palettes. I gave mine keyboard shortcuts.

Sadly I don't think yoou can record opening and closing palettes in an Action. and shortcut keys will only open close a single palette for each shortcut..... and I guess if you can get to the shortcut key ( with a screen keyboard) then you can just as easily get to the Tab key. You could buy a small inexpensive numeric keypad... there are several ones that include a Tab key... and you could set the other keys to things like Undo and redo... I think thats the approach I would take.... in fact its what I already do to add more keys to my CintiQ

• @garlam My pallets lost the chevrons when I updated to 1.5. If there is an option to show those again I would love to know where it is. Loved that feature.

• @michaelsammler said in Hide all tabs button on customized toolbar?:

@garlam My pallets lost the chevrons when I updated to 1.5. If there is an option to show those again I would love to know where it is. Loved that feature.

Does "Windows>Workspace>Reset to default" not work ? Otherwise I would expect it to be a case of very careful placement when docking the palette to the side of the screen...it needs to appear as a thin red line that extends up the screen and overlaps the command bar... and if you can get that then on release it should have chevrons

• @888toto Thanks for your reply. I reset to default and two pallets have singe chevrons "<" or ">". And other pallets did not.
    I think in the past, a whole column of pallets would be effected with on chevron at the top. But now, for example, when I drag the color pallet so the thin line shows the full height of the app window, and covers the command bar, but there is no chevron.
    When I Reset to Default, the materials pallet has a chevron, but when I move it around, and put it on the other side, it has no chevron. So I guess I do not fully understand how it works. In the past, I though every pallet had a chevron, but do forget things often. I will check the handbook and see what it says.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.