Post Your SuperFly Renders

• @adosity skydome with HDRI for lighting on that

• 0_1513109270993_DinnerTopOfTheWorld.jpg

• This post is deleted!

• ***=NSFW content***

click to show

Messing around with Pauline's morphs to see what I could achieve. I am finally getting a handle on the controls for her face. This should make the transition to Project Evolution fairly seamless.

• Wow, the renders in Superfly are getting better and better compared to what I remember a year ago or so! It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do so I'm scouring all forums for help. I just got Poser 11 Pro the other day and have only about 10 more days of work before winter break - so excited!

• @kalypso I think we've all learned a lot over the last year! But I think there's lots of folks who use Superfly almost exclusively now.

That means there's a whole lot of folks who can answer questions - so don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

• 0_1513211858834_pauline hair test 2.jpg

pauline hair test (commercial modeled hair i just bought)
    I am still new to poser, have it since a week and I am playing around with the renderes
    I am unsatisfied with the fact that the characters all seem so young, I would like some age and more character

Of course thats also cause it's a neutral expression and I do like the rendering though its just a test

• @starlingblue That's so true about age. The Gen4 figures seem to default to "mid-twenties." Make them younger? No problem! With aging morphs, making them 60+ is easily doable, too. But want a character who looks in the "mid-thirties-to-fifty" range? Good luck. :(

• @Zaarin I have noticed there are only a handful of people looking for older characters, though, so maybe that is fueling the younger models. Most of those asking about different aged characters are doing online comics, and I think they have to get around it with post editing when there are no morphs and skin textures available. Going all the way back, the figures that have been released have been the younger ones, because that is what was selling, or so it seems.

• V3 has a mid-thirties look to her but I think they don't offer her any more.

• @rokketman There's a fairly nice "older" morph for DawnSE for free at Hivewire: http://hivewire3d.com/tanya-for-dawn.html

0_1513225242342_Tanya.jpg

• Nice! I didn't think about that one.

• Victor 8 returns, and this time he brought his family! This is an update to an experiment I originally did with Genesis 1, and the relative ease with which it can be done is one of the perks of being able to morph the same base figure between sexes and ages. All three of these figures are Genesis 8 Female. The adult male character is again a masculinized Victoria 8, and the adult female character is a custom body morph combined with a head morph named Chenoa that came as part of an ethnic face package from Daz (this one's American Indian). The little girl was created by dialing the head morphs to 50% Victoria 8 and 50% Chenoa and then applying child morphs from the Growing Up pack, also from Daz. The result is (hopefully) a convincing family portrait.

0_1513275582982_Familia3.jpg

The point here is that you don't have to resort to trial-and-error dial-spinning to make a child resemble his/her parents. Both the mother and the father's face morphs are available in the same base figure, and each one can be easily masculinized or feminized (such that a son can greatly resemble his mother without appearing too feminine or a daughter can greatly resemble her father without appearing too masculine). This makes it a simple matter of dialing the face morphs for both parents to partial values that together add up to 1. I went for an even 50/50 resemblance in this case, but of course, you could vary the relative genetic contributions as desired (e.g. 60/40, 80/20, etc).

• @glossaphile Nice, but why is the kid's head so big? It's way out of proportion to his/her body.

• @Glitterati3D Chris Pine's kid? :-)

• @Glitterati3D said in Post Your SuperFly Renders:

@glossaphile Nice, but why is the kid's head so big? It's way out of proportion to his/her body.

While I agree, for that pic, children's heads are much larger in proportion to their body/trunk than an adults. That head isn't far off for a very young child/toddler if one measures by the shoulder, but the trunk and arms are too small as well as the neck. (The neck, actually, is the giveaway. It's taper is actually inverted for such a young child/toddler. Then again, that looks like it's a normal part of the base sculpt, considering the others.) And, the child is either much closer or they got the scaling all wrong - One's head doesn't shrink as one gets older... :) (Brains, maybe, as I can feel mine rattling around quite often. )

• Personally, I think it's more the hair that's too big for the child, which in turn makes his head look too big.

• @ghostship
    I took a look at the Daz-site , but V3 is stil available , actually with a lot of content too.
    Amazing after all those years.

Bopper.

• @bopperthijs If you search under 3D Figure Assets in the Renderosity Marketplace, you can also still find a lot of content that will work with the Millenium 3 figures.

• Beard is Cliff Bowman's True Hair using dynamic hair presets.

0_1513525467153_DuskBeard.jpg