idk if anyone is interested in a poseable 3d skeletal model for clip studio

• After looking into this more it looks like it might have to do with the weight paints. I made pretty good progress on this tonight but it's getting late. I'll try to get you all a new file to try sometime tomorrow. Thanks sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

• This post is deleted!

• I added a new file to gumroad "skeleton_weightpaintReworkBETA.c2fc" for anyone to try. I'm hoping this fixes the problem. This is a fairly difficult problem to fix on my end because I don't have the missing parts. Also as a small bonus I reworked how the scapula attach to the armature. This will make the socket of the arm stay a little better in it's socket.

If this file works or doesn't please let me know. I'd also love screen shots. I really want to make this model nice and work like it does on my machine for everyone. Thanks!

Brian A
    lostinNashville

• I fixed the issue. It seems to be working correctly for Scott. I sent out an update to everyone who purchased the model. Gumroad is now updated to the version 2 model as well. Thank you all for your patience and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

• @balvarez Thanks!

• I've ordered and downloaded the skeleton from gumroad. The skeleton will load in version 1.6.7 on the mac, but it won't load in Windows 10 -- my copy of Clip Studio Paint crashes under Windows 10 if I attempt to load the skeleton, or if I attempt to load a .CLIP file that contains the skeleton--the CLIP file was originally created on the Mac. I'm not sure if it's my Windows installation of Clip Studio Paint, or if it's some other trouble...

• @flengyel Sorry it's not working for you. I actually didn't have the newest CS version so I had to download it. I just checked it and it seems to be working for me. I'm using windows 10 home v1607. I attached a screenshot as a bit of verification. I did a little searching to see if I could help but I don't see much relating to the problem. One person on Reddit suggests "This happen to me on an older version, I had to update opengl and directx, fixed it." Maybe that'll help let me know if there's anything else i can help with. Thanks!

0_1509583508608_skelVersion.gif

• @balvarez It was my fault--the trouble had nothing to do with the upgrade to Clip Studio Paint version 1.6.8 in Windows 10. Previously I had uninstalled the Intel RealSense 3d camera manager because there was an irritating popup associated with Intel software for the R200 camera installed on the Wacom Mobile Studio Pro -- see this link in the Intel support community.

Following the instructions at the Intel Support Community link removed the annoying blank popup and the error message that went with it, but I now know that this caused Clip Studio Paint to hang when I attempted to load the skeleton file. After your remarks on DirectX and OpenGL, it occurred to me that uninstalling the RealSense Camera Manager App also uninstalled the necessary graphics libraries.

I reinstalled the software using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, which located the camera and also suggested updates for Bluetooth and the Wireless adapters. Now the skeleton loads -- great work by the way! -- and I have updated drivers.

Thanks for reminding me about DirectX and OpenGL--a huge help!

P.S. It would be great if it were possible to modify the perspective grid. A skeleton in paraline perspective would be useful. Or any of the 3D dolls in paraline (isometric, axiometric) perspective would be useful. I don't know what is involved in making these models, however.

• @flengyel Glad you got it working and thank you for posting your fix! I'm sure someone else will eventually have the same issue! I had no idea the perspective slider doesn't work I'll have to look into that at some point. The software to bring models into CS is only in Japanese so until they make a translated version I really can't make any promises about fixing that issue. Thank you again and I hope the model is super useful.

• Hi. I didn't mean that the perspective slider doesn't work (I don't know which slider that is!) I mean that the perspective grid seems to be a planar grid with two vanishing points (I could be mistaken) and it would be useful in some circumstances to use an axiometric or isometric grid. What software is used to create models? I'm beginning to think it's worth learning to read technical Japanese to read some of the better documentation on these programs...

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.