Poser 17 Wishlist

• Maybe we should give SM a little help in looking towards the future. So outside from advancements that you'd expect to be within our reach like in this thread, how about going above and beyond our wildest expectations, towards the year 2025? I'll kick it off with my fantasies:

• Artificial Intelligence simulation applied to figure rigs. AI responds either real-time or to scripted events.
    • Real time skin & muscles.
    • Immersive VR User Interface
    • A command line that is intelligent: "sit Figure 1 on couch 1". Objects names predefined.
    • Preview in real-time photorealistic environment (or approximation thereof).
    • photo analysis of scene and Poser replicates scene using Runtime assets, or recommends assets from a store.
    • Intelligent conversion of other 3D formats.
    • animation timeline can consist of events and Poser fills in the blanks: Judy sits down on couch, Judy looks concerned, and asks Jim: "When?". Poser approaches it automatically through simulations.
    • Mocap and scan based on sonar.
    • Mocap based rigging (mocap analysis helps construct a skeleton).
    • Smith Micro Mocap suits.
    • Face reconstruction & mocap though webcam(s).
    • Material replication through calibrated digital camera analysis setup
    • Material room can be controlled by descriptive commands: "Dark sunburnt skin".
    • Procedurals now intelligent, and user can define wrinkled and porous areas.
    • Human / animal behavioral noise variations.
    • Character-specific movement analysis that can be used to modify basic figure events and direct the AI simulations.
    • Further into the future: hologram/mocap setup. You can pose along with your scene as one of the characters.

One can dream, right?

• Poser Ambassadors

hehe. Good one.

• AI simulations are not game-based, but its still focused on high definition movies, comics and storytelling artwork.

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis
    Found it back in the Renderosity archives through this link :
    Renderositry Forum Archive

On 01 December 2009 I wrote this about Poser2020:

Whaw, and I drop down on my Nikeydas air cushioned bed after a steaming night with my solid 3D projected girlfriend.
    Poser did a fine job.
    Scanned my dreamgirl directly into Poser 2020, and it made a textbook perfect 3D Copy. Bends like elastic, never tired, and never a headache.
    A dream come true.
    She even makes a perfect cup of coffee, and lights my sigarette.

Whew, what where we doing back in 2009? Poor old guys, playing with some points and poly’s?
    Weeks of rigging and texturing, never ending “out of memory” messages.

Last year, the last HD got delivered, slow as hell at 20.000 RPM, all replaced by lightning fast, RAMboards.
    (Well, after the motherboards, by 2016 we briefly got father boards, and now we finally have RAMboards, integrated in the cpu's). Motherboards could multitask, father boards never could! Would, or should.

In 2018 after the merge of Intel and AMD, we finally got some power cpu’s, together with Windows 23c, (that would be the "eastside" illegal copy, (the "c" that is)  that seemed pretty stable after SR 19b.
    Euh, the "b" comes from Brazil, or was it Bulgaria, or Belgium?
    Correction, chocolates still come from Belgium.
    Anyhow the "b" was from the land that took over Windows, after the USA got flooded by global warming.

Where did time go?
    By Poser2017, "smell" got introduced. You’d get the perfume, the smell of the figure as she walked though the door, and the last Orange, or was it Apple, or MAC, got finally  banned from a poor museum far and far away.

What did time fly?
    By Poser 2015, we finally could type text, and the figures would speak automatically, in an understandable language.
    Speech packs where the topic of the year.
    The figures even made gestures as we turned the angry dial up.
    Or get more sensual voices, when the cuteness, or tenderness dials approached 1.
    Stills where long gone into a forgotten world.

Oh, yeah, by 2009, Poser 8 even got IDL, in 32 bit.
    Can you imagine that? 32 bit?
    Bit? That unit got disposed of in 2017! !, or was it the end of 2016?
    Poor old guy’s, if they only knew…

Sh***t, I woke up….
    Best of greetings, thanks for reading.
    TonyB
    Yeah, yeah, back on the ground, and starting-up P8.
    Anyone wants to light my sigarette?

PoserPro2020 User guide :
    Google Glass => Scan surroundings for good looking wo(men)
    Google Glass => Take picture
    Blender => Make object file from picture
    Blender => Export object file to Poser Ultra Pro 2020
    Poser => Import object file from Blender
    Poser => Rig incoming object file
    Poser => Pose rigged object file
    Google Glass => Scan surroundings for good looking background picture
    Google Glass => Take picture
    Poser => Import background picture
    Poser => Set lights to conform with imported background picture light
    Poser => Render
    Poser => Upload draft render to facebook
    Poser => Upload draft render to twitter
    Poser => Upload draft render to picassa
    Poser => Upload production render to ebay for highest bidder.
    All => Close
    Tony => Wake up. LOL.

• Poser Ambassadors

PS; The link proves that I wrote the above back on 01 December 2009.

Some things seem "more reality" then dreamed at the time.
    Others, not so much. LOL.

• Poser Ambassadors

The correct link to original.
    Renderosity Poser 2020 whaw ! post

• Lol, I remember that post, Tony

My distant future wish list has been posted in the past but I can't find it so it was probably over at RDNA. I don't remember it all but I believe it included stuff like never running out of memory and not crashing ever. The one thing I remember was a mind-reading interface that all I had to do was picture the scene and it would set it up and render it perfectly. 2050 and v17 might be a little soon for that. Oh, and it still has to be reasonably priced. (like now except adjusting for inflation, not asking for it for free, though I wouldn't complain if it were.)

• @erogenesis said in Poser 17 Wishlist:

One can dream, right?

Not so loud or you may wake up!
    One bit may be just around the corner.
    Vizoo had their XTex sofware free for personal use and for small studios and freelancers.
    They announced today they stopped that offer because they could not properly handle the demand.
    There is still the free 30 days trial though.

They are focussed on using their scanner but they claim you can use images also.
    I made the below seamless texture from a hi-res image on the net:
    It may be low quality by their standards but it serves me well.

0_1496778411125_blauw2.png

• @vilters said in Poser 17 Wishlist:

In 2018 after the merge of Intel and AMD

lol it has to be somewhat realistic... well sort of then... ok nevermind :D

@F_Verbaas said in Poser 17 Wishlist:

@erogenesis said in Poser 17 Wishlist:

One can dream, right?

Not so loud or you may wake up!
    One bit may be just around the corner.
    Vizoo had their XTex sofware free for personal use and for small studios and freelancers.

lol I meant material replication, not textures. Yes making seamless textures would be cool too. But I meant analysis of things like reflection, roughness and scatter for example.

• Poser Ambassadors

If we are going to think big, whey not an EEG interface so what you can imagine gets rendered. LOL

Think about a scene, and poof, there it is.
    That would be cool.

• @shvrdavid haha dude if google can analyse what you write and formulate auto-responses based on that, what you're suggesting might not be that crazy at all! If Poser analyses all your scenes, poses, materials, expressions while you create them, or look at them, and that EEG machine is on yer noggin the whole time, all that's needed is a very clever algorithm, and Bob's your uncle.

Maybe an EEG isn't even needed, just a module that analyses your scenes and preferred poses and expressions, Poser suggests things for you, and you just pick what you want.

• Poser Ambassadors

We are gonna see lots of twisted minds renders... LOL.

• @erogenesis said in Poser 17 Wishlist:

lol I meant material replication, not textures. Yes making seamless textures would be cool too. But I meant analysis of things like reflection, roughness and scatter for example.

Poser would have to come with a scanner box and a camera then. Something like this:
    alt text
    Or plans for something DIY-ish:
    alt text

But OK, maybe same camera can be used for the mocap and such. Poser 15 Pro may be steep budget-wise but we hav time to save money.
    Let's keep dreaming.