Additional vendor search support in ContentLibrary?

• If you have Poser running right now, go to this URL to see some values the Content Library sets which includes the 3 stores it knows to search: Content Paradise, Renderosity and RuntimeDNA (oops). Search for "enableCPSearch" and you'll find 5 lines that apparently define a vendor:

<Param name="enableCPSearch" value="true"/>
    <Param name="CPHost" value="http://www.contentparadise.com"/>
    <Param name="CPUrlStemSearchParams" value="/api/search_params.aspx"/>
    <Param name="CPUrlStemSearch" value="/api/search.aspx"/>
    <Param name="CPSearchDomainString" value="CP"/>

It seems like there'd be a way to add search for additional vendors as long as the equivalent values could be populated but grepping through the files supplied with Poser, I don't see any config files that do this.

Can a tester/Ambassador bring me up to speed on how this works? Is the remote search even run from the host machine or is it just passing the request to a server SM operates via a proxy?

• @duanemoody said in Additional vendor search support in ContentLibrary?:

an a tester/Ambassador bring me up to speed on how this works? Is the remote search even run from the host machine or is it just passing the request to a server SM operates via a proxy

Only Poser 11 uses a proxy server for content online search.
    I was working on integration of search providers for Poser 11.

I think older versions of Poser do search queries on their own.

As far as I know, there are only 2 providers left, ContentParadise and Renderosity.
    There were more, Hivewire3D and RuntimeDNA, but these are not available anymore...

• Hivewire3D are definitely still going.

• @raven said in Additional vendor search support in ContentLibrary?:

Hivewire3D are definitely still going.

and thriving quite nicely!

• and thriving quite nicely!

I'm glad to hear that.

But from Poser perspective, they are unavailable for content search due to technical reasons.
    At the time of proxy implementation, they were unable to provide us with technical specifications for their content search API. I think they are not in control of many technical aspects of their content-sales platform.

• @admin Since the Hivewire figures are now at the Renderosity store, I guess it would be redundant anyway.