DAZ's G8 comes with an A-Pose

• What implications would this have??? Dynamic Cloth emporium? iClone partnership?

PS: all that crap they're advertising, I did it a long time ago. All it takes is a little imagination...

• Poser Ambassadors

There is also a button in Display Parameters which is called Visible in Simulation.
    This makes me think that a cloth simulator is on its way and it needs the A pose

• Poser Ambassadors

The lashes are a separate figure? Huh ! => Bang-Boem-Pataat !

Ha-ha-ha, we are back to the Miki4 period, and the first Roxie generation with their geometry lashes. Until?????
    Until I reported that those were not faceroom compatible.
    LOL. Well, it's probably called "backwards compatibility". LOL.

For "end users" and "hobby content creators"?

Let us be very-very- very. . . . . no, too light of an expression mode. :-)
    Let us be extremely clear here:
    Geometry lashes are in the same region as geometry brows.
    => Their only use is to justify the "delete vertex" button, and start digging in the obj and cr2 files.

And as an old saying goes ; "I am unanimous in this."
    (from the TV series: "Are you being served".)

• @vilters
    The eyelashes are just the transmapped planes separated from the G3 obj - ooops I meant G8 .obj and loaded as a new figure. They can be deleted in the scene tab.

Apart from the eyes and detached eyelashes I couldn't find any differences in the Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 meshes.

I'd hate to think Daz customers are buying the exact same Body, Face, Expression morphs that they bought for Genesis 3 again just because Daz changed they eyes and called it Genesis 8?
    Seems to be a case of the Emperors New Clothes.

• Poser Ambassadors

Tja, by separating the lashes they made it less compatible, less attractive.

And from what I have seen so far?
    "Cut up the same geometry", add some rings and bells that could easy be done on the existing figure, and sell as "new flagship".
    Brrrr......

• Its what I heard from someone. Hmm, maybe I should download G8 lol. Sounds interesting xD

Edit: apparently old clothes work, old morphs don't.

• The A-stance default is actually common for FBX format which can be used in Poser : Manuel Bastioni Labs, MakeHuman, and Mixamo all generate A-stance as default, and they are all useable in Poser. In terms of workflow for modelling clothing for the Gen8 figure, I assume this won't be an issue. Adapting existing rigged clothing would be an issue, if clothing geometries are in T-stance. Hmmm.

• @ibr_remote said in DAZ's G8 comes with an A-Pose:

... Adapting existing rigged clothing would be an issue, if clothing geometries are in T-stance. Hmmm.

That's what I'm sayin'. We've had that whole discussion in the forums for PE... and then DAZ just does it.

What a world! What a world!

Edit: my schlong seems to work on it. Yaay!

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis
    Every improvement is a change.
    Not every change is an improvement.

Both the "T" Pose and the "A" pose have their good and less good points.

The "DAZ" tactic is a very simple one;
    They want you to buy their stuff, and they don't like end users to build their own stuff so much.

So? Make the figures more complicated and only the few privileged get the full bore capabilities for content creation. (Or can pay for all the "add-ons" and hope to get a return on their investment.)
    it is based on "buy", "pose", "render".
    Buy, pose render,
    Buy, pose and render.

That's the DAZ strategy; Give the app for free, sell the figures relatively affordable, charge for all the extra's.

And they get away with it because, damm, their figures and promo's look stunning, and every 3D artist wants a date with the hottest chick in town. LOL..

• Add to the Poser wish list: make clone of selected figure with present pose as new zero.
    save out posed geometry, adapt joint centres and orientations, re-align ECR's and rotate morph deltas.

Pose room can cope with 'A' pose figure but automatic subdivision does not come out well.
    If you want a try how it works load Angela (in free section of Mankahoo), or buy Ang2.
    Both are 'A' pose on zero.
    Alternative un-earth Scarlet. She has A pose also..

• @vilters said in DAZ's G8 comes with an A-Pose:

The "DAZ" tactic is a very simple one;
    They want you to buy their stuff, and they don't like end users to build their own stuff so much.

So? Make the figures more complicated and only the few privileged get the full bore capabilities for content creation. (Or can pay for all the "add-ons" and hope to get a return on their investment.)

That would not surprise me in the least.

@F_Verbaas said in DAZ's G8 comes with an A-Pose:

Add to the Poser wish list: make clone of selected figure with present pose as new zero.
    save out posed geometry, adapt joint centres and orientations, re-align ECR's and rotate morph deltas.

Yep!

• Genesis 8 ("We skip farther than Microsoft!") is supposedly backward compatible with all previous Genesis clothing. So who's going to buy yet more refits of the same old products? Has the churn model reached the point of absurdity?

• Poser Ambassadors

popcorn

• @AmbientShade How's Lucas? ;)

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis You mean Orion? He and Venus are doing just fine, gettin their verts massaged as we speak. ;)

• @AmbientShade I'm truly happy to hear that!

• Poser Ambassadors

Thanks. I'll be talkin about them more soon, when they're closer to showing.

I will say, A-pose can be better for getting better looking anatomy shapes but its not easy to make clothing for. Game models still use both A and T pose, it's really just up to the modeler. Both can be adapted to game engine rigs. But game characters generally don't have hundreds of different people making add-on clothing for them. So that might present a problem. Really just comes down to personal preference. But rebranding is important to continued sales, so...

Game models also don't have to be super-low poly anymore either. This isn't 2005.

• Poser Ambassadors

8@vilters Tony, you will be surprised. Just this morning I see many, many Gen8 /V8 render on FB. The people buy. Because it is new and shiny. Logic , not visible here. One conversation over FB shows all.- " Just test out all my Gen3 morphs, shaders , materials on V8, works like a charm". -Find the error here :)

• @AmbientShade would love to see it!

@everyone: For the record I'm definitely not saying DAZ screwed up or that Genesis 8 is bad or good, I was just curious what stunt DAZ is pulling now. They don't 'just' do stuff lol. In any case, we must definitely look on and learn from DAZ, their drive and innovation is not bad at all, even though it might predominantly be marketing gimmicks. Maybe Genesis is not awesome like awesome awesome, but its definitely miles better than anything else out there... but that will hopefully change asap.

What happened to Bella?

• I did not buy Genesis 8 - base items came free wit Daz Studio 4.9.4 - I can get basic female shape, male shape, and fit Genesis 3 clothes onto the Genesis 8 figure.

![2_1497601173402_New Phototastic CollageX.png](Uploading 100%) ![1_1497601173402_Fotorcollage02X.png](Uploading 100%) ![0_1497601173401_FotoCollageX.png](Uploading 100%) -

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.