3rd Party Marketplace - Royalty Free Content for Poser

• @Twister1996 freeware Blender 3D has several architectural and furniture generating add-on scripts which will produce what you need. There is also a free room and furniture creator with contents library free using CC licensing - let me go check the name again...

• @ibr_remote I see. I am somewhat familiar with Blender but haven't used it yet. Are the architectural / home scene generation as easy as Poser? It's not like AutoCAD right? That's too technical for me.

• @ibr_remote it is called Sweet Home 3D

• Poser Ambassadors

@Twister1996

You might take a look at my YouTube channel. "tonyvilters" for the Poser2Blender2Poser video series.

You want "custom" content and figures and scenes?

Video1 covers the "export-import" settings between Poser and Blender to create single group morphs and Full Body Morphs.

Video2 cover on how to "customise" any Poser figure in PoserPro11.

Video3 does the same as Video2 but for Poser11 (standard version).

Video4 shows a Poser bug and how to overcome it.

Video5 shows tips and tricks for the default Poser ground plane.

Video6 covers more tips and tricks for the Poser ground plane and how to make custom backgrounds.

Best regards, Tony

• @Twister1996 The Blender solutions will generate the architecture and interiro furnishings. It is not about designing from scratch for these add-ons. The Sweet Home 3D solution is even easier for you, it's like playing with a 3D doll house. You will need to know how to export the models for use in Poser.

• @ibr_remote Oh wow, this is a pretty good software. CC license means creative common, but would you happen to know if the rendered images are royalty free for commercial products? I just looked at the license page and it says "you should attribute the author - Project designed with Sweet Home 3D." I'm not sure if that's a must or a recommended from the license.

• @Twister1996 I will just quote their text from their webpage:
    "The GNU General Public License and other licenses under which Sweet Home 3D, Furniture Library Editor, Textures Library Editor applications and Sweet Home 3D JS library are available, allow you to publish the documents created with these applications, whether for personal or commercial use, within the limits of the rights granted by the licenses of the 3D models and textures you imported in the documents generated with these applications. "

http://www.sweethome3d.com/license.jsp

• Poser Ambassadors

If you are familiar with Blender, Fluid Designer is worth a look.
    Fluid Designer

Fluid Designer is free, and there is also a subscription service that goes along with it.

• @shvrdavid Thanks for the link Scott. That definitely looks interesting, though I'm not sure I can afford that monthly subscription, but at least I can play with it some for free. ~wink~

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B

I have Fluid Designer, and you can do a lot with it, without the subscription.
    Once you get the hang of it creating a room only takes a few min.

• @shvrdavid Just downloaded and will be playing with it over the weekend. I've been a Blender user for over a decade, so probably will like it. ~smile~

• @shvrdavid I'm just wondering but are the rendered images from Blender and Fluid Designer "royalty-free" for commercial uses?

• Poser Ambassadors

Twister, you've mentioned royalty free numerous times. I have never seen Poser 3D or 2D content that had royalty requirements, i.e. the copyright holder (free stuff) or vendor (if sold to you) expects you to pay them for each image that used the content.

I suppose there COULD be such agreements, but none of the common Poser-related content stores ever support that arrangement.

What they DO say is they may restrict your use of the content so that you can't use it at all in a commercial render. Terms of this nature are always clearly stated even on free items.

(Typically free items says: Free for commercial use, or free for personal use only)

I have never seen a paid-for content item have a restriction that you cannot use it to produce commercial images. That's almost nonsense in this community. If you bought it you can render with it even if you sell the images you rendered.

What you CAN NOT do is make copies (or derivatives) of the content you bought and distribute those, EXCEPT when the license explicitly says "Game dev" or "Extended" - although you would always want to read the fine print. But generally the community knows and assumes "Game dev" or "extended" means you can do more than just render it.

Nobody EVER says you can do LESS than just render it. And again - I don't know of ANY royalty requirements at all.

Of course there COULD be exceptions but your constant use of the term "royalty" needs to set expectations to the opposite.

• Perhaps Twister is from the 2D world where ai, esp, pngs formats etc have very strange commercial usage rights, where they limit the number of times you can use the image on a web site or in print by the amount of money that you pay for the item. The stock image sites all have different buying options for volume licensing and I think there is something called an Angel clause ? that limits how many times images can be used - all very confusing

• Poser Ambassadors

@Twister1996 said in 3rd Party Marketplace - Royalty Free Content for Poser:

@ibr_remote Oh wow, this is a pretty good software. CC license means creative common, but would you happen to know if the rendered images are royalty free for commercial products?

First, it's Creative Commons (with an s at the end)
    Second there are more than one so just saying CC doesn't mean much.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

CC BY is very different from CC BY-NC-ND

Anyway, CC licenses are all free - never a royalty. They do restrict what you can do, how you license your own derivative works, and what you must do to give credit to the original content creator.

• @bagginsbill Adi is correct, I'm more from the 2D world and stock images from stock marketplaces have different licenses. Some of them put restrictions on how many times an image can be used in commercial products.

As for 3D softwares, I simply wanted more clarity cause I spoke to Poser Support and they told me I retain the rights with Poser's built in content, but after market (3rd Party) EULA may limit use of images rendered.

I was wondering what the situation is for the other 3D softwares that others are recommending here. Are their rendered images "unrestricted" royalty-free for commercial use, or do they have special licensing agreements.

• @adi Yes, you are spot on. I'm more from the 2D world and their licensing agreements are complicated. Not only that, but some creators differentiate with the term "commercial" rights. Some allow their images to be included in for sale products (t shirts, coffee mugs, magazines, etc), while others deem "commercial" as in developer rights (developing client's projects).

• Poser Ambassadors

As I've been saying and am not making clear.

Limiting your use is not the same as charging you a royalty. None of them charge a royalty. Many limit your use. Most things you get for free will say if commercial use is OK or not, but will never ask for royalty. They're free.

Things you pay for almost always say commercial use is OK without limit, and almost never ask for royalty. You paid up front, one time.

Broadly speaking, all the 3D stores with Poser content follow these general behaviors.

Redistribution of content (not renders) is almost never allowed without special arrangements.

• @bagginsbill said in 3rd Party Marketplace - Royalty Free Content for Poser:

Many limit your use.

1. None of them charge a royalty

This is what I'm interested in.

1. Many limit your use.

This is what I'm not interested in. If my goal is to use rendered images in commercial products in books, videos, or even on a coffee mug, now I have to monitor sales - and that defeats my purposes.

So I'm only interested in 3D softwares which renders images that meet both my criteria

1. completely royalty-free
    2. no limit on usage

• @Twister1996
    I think you're missing the point.
    This will depend on fine print, but when you buy a 3D asset it has bits in it: the geometry, the textures, morphs and the like. Limited use restricts what you are allowed to do with those bits. They do NOT limit what you do with the renders. The render is a single entity that is a product of your use with the bits.

Think of it as a kit. You assemble the kit. The manufacturer says you cannot copy the kit. OK, fine. You assemble the kit and take a photo of it. Does the manufacturer own or have rights restrictions on the picture? No.

Generally speaking, for ANY content sold for Poser, YOU are the creator of the final render and YOU have control over usage restrictions of the render.