60 Artistic Filters for Clip Studio Paint

• Hope you don't mind this blatant plug... but I have finally released my new megpack and , along with lots of brushes and other stuff, it has 60 Auto Actions that act as Artistic Filters ... you can convert your art ( or your photos) to oilpaint, watercolor, linework, stucco/impasto, pencil, pointilism, plastic wrap, medieval etching, emboss, ... and much much more..... You can create over 1000 effects with these filters..... check out this youtube...

... it can be downloaded from Selfy .... https://sellfy.com/p/2g7Q/ hope people find them useful. I really wanted to plug one of those gaps that people say they miss from Photoshop.

• This is impressive, i had no idea you could create Filters like this.

• I bought your pack of filters, and i can tell they'll come in handy. Its pretty crazy that you were able to get these effects with auto actions, gotta give you props. Also, the brushes are good too. I'd like to ask if there's a strictly vertical version of the rain shower brush? i like the effects, but it only comes in one angle. If not i'm sure i can work around it.

• @DVD201 said in 60 Artistic Filters for Clip Studio Paint:

I bought your pack of filters, and i can tell they'll come in handy. Its pretty crazy that you were able to get these effects with auto actions, gotta give you props. Also, the brushes are good too. I'd like to ask if there's a strictly vertical version of the rain shower brush? i like the effects, but it only comes in one angle. If not i'm sure i can work around it.

Thank you for buying the pack. With he Rainshower brush I have exposed the Direction control ( you can see it Tool Property Palette. ... for vertical rain direction turn it down to zero. To the right of the direction control there is a little square icon.... If you click that you an ( if you prefer) set it to " direction of Line" , in which case you can control the rain direction by the direction of your strokes ... ( I don't use it that way as I prefer the rain to have a constant direction ). With my brushes , the controls that are exposed in the tool property palette are always carefully chosen. For example if there is a spray or Ribbon or mix ground color check box then each of those will turn the brush into another useful or interesting brush with settings set for each of those modes. I do this so you do not have to have three brushes when one will do... but if you see thopse controls its worth checking them out.

Another tip... The fire and smoke brushes mostly work best for fire if you have bright red as your main picked color and a light yellow as your secondary picked color.... paint them over a dark brown or black background. Use them also for electric energy effects ( Light blue for main color and white for secondary) ... many flame brushes also produce interesting wispy smoke if you use dark brown as your picked color.

• I see it! that's fantastic, i think I'll be using it as a shading brush too. Thanks for the tip, i actually like when effect brushes incorporate both delectable colors.

I see it! that's fantastic, i think I'll be using it as a shading brush too.

That rainshower uses Difference blending mode which allows it to show up in light , or dark, or patterned and crosshatched areas... personally I would not use it for shading.... I supply many other , much better shading tools.... perhaps my favorite is called the Wally Shader which I designed to produce shading in the style of the late great wally Wood. If you want to use the rainshower for shading then I suggest you make a copy of it and then make these two changes to the copy a) change the blending mode to Subtract and b) switch off the Post Correction setting on the Correction tab of Sub Tool Detail palette

• @888toto I see, i actually tried the duplicating and changing settings, it works very well. Also i have a question, with your filters, is there an equivalent to photoshops High Pass Overlay filter, chromatic aberration effect, and a add noise filter? Also I'm curious about the Wally Wood shading. Did it come with this pack? i can't seem to find it.

@888toto I see, i actually tried the duplicating and changing settings, it works very well. Also i have a question, with your filters, is there an equivalent to photoshops High Pass Overlay filter, chromatic aberration effect, and a add noise filter? Also I'm curious about the Wally Wood shading. Did it come with this pack? i can't seem to find it.

The Wally shader is in a different set of brushes at https://sellfy.com/p/y7LE/

I'm very out of practice with Photoshop and have not needed it or upgraded it since CS3.... from what I have read about the High Pass Overlay filter it does a sharpen based on "un-sharp mask" technique and puts it on its own layer so that it can be adjusted by opacity and blend mode ( most obviously "overlay")... people then often use masks to not apply it across the whole image. In the pack there is a filter called Sharp Highlights and that is probably similar to the High pass + masking. If you want it without masks I suggest you create a duplicate image on a new layer above and apply the the out the box un-sharp mask filter then play with opacity and blend modes. for noise and chromatic aberration effects there are a number of filters in the pack that sit in that space..... my filters are designed more for artists than photographers and so are not intended to copy photoshop... but I suggest you try ...1) color complexity 2) stucco 3) Pointilism 4) Photo Grain for example "color Complexity" applied in Divide mode at 70% opacity can be artistically very effective