Submit Your Poser Suggestions to Smith Micro

• A Combination of Poser + Vue would be a good thing.
    See: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/
    I have seen that there is already some Interface to import Poser Figures into Vue.

But this is something that could be improved, and in the result would give a more complete Package for "People & Background".
    Maybe also a Theme for a Bundle?

• @theogott said in Submit Your Poser Suggestions to Smith Micro:

A Combination of Poser + Vue would be a good thing.
    See: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/
    I have seen that there is already some Interface to import Poser Figures into Vue.

But this is something that could be improved, and in the result would give a more complete Package for "People & Background".
    Maybe also a Theme for a Bundle?

Sounds like something you'd have to take up with Vue if you're talking about importing figures into that program.

• I've been using moving Poser figures in Vue for years. e-on maintains the bridge if I remember correctly. Don't know if it has been updated in a long time though as I use the same one I've been using since PP2010 and Vue 9.5 xStream. I am now on PP11 and Vue 2017. Firefly materials were problematic but PBR maps from Superfly work a lot better. I have yet to change the bridge sdk to a newer one.

• Poser Ambassadors

There is a new Poser-only toon figure released yesterday at HiveWire3D called "Maisie" that takes advantage of all the most advanced Poser 11 features. Besides the base figure, there are 4 extra characters/outfits for Maisie covering sci-fi, Japanese school uniform, dancing outfit, and a Jessica Rabbit red dress, complete with gloves, shoes, character morph and hair. Check it out and support those who create new quality figures for Poser. :)

• @Ken1171 said in Submit Your Poser Suggestions to Smith Micro:

There is a new Poser-only toon figure released yesterday at HiveWire3D called "Maisie" that takes advantage of all the most advanced Poser 11 features. Besides the base figure, there are 4 extra characters/outfits for Maisie covering sci-fi, Japanese school uniform, dancing outfit, and a Jessica Rabbit red dress, complete with gloves, shoes, character morph and hair. Check it out and support those who create new quality figures for Poser. :)

Actually, she was released at RMP already. Been there almost a month, a fair collection of her stuff up there already. The figure was the work of a couple people, including Nerd3D, so you know he included a lot of the Poser 11 features. He even created one outfit that is very much based on Ghost in the Shell. Cute figure, but not something I would honestly use.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Nephanor said in Submit Your Poser Suggestions to Smith Micro:

Actually, she was released at RMP already. Been there almost a month, a fair collection of her stuff up there already. The figure was the work of a couple people, including Nerd3D, so you know he included a lot of the Poser 11 features. He even created one outfit that is very much based on Ghost in the Shell. Cute figure, but not something I would honestly use.

Yesterday or last month, she's still a new Poser-only figure. I have played with her last night, and she indeed makes use of all new advanced Poser 11 features. She is at promotional lower price at HiveWire3D at the moment, so if you would like to support those who make modern Poser figures, this is your chance. ^^

• Would it be appropriate to add a suggestion that all the poser team (or at least the decision makers) actually create a few scenes in poser? I remember someone from the old team saying they never got a chance to use poser anymore. How do you decide which features to add and which need tweaking if you never open the program?

• Let me dream a little bit. From the "Poser Marriage-Agency".
    Come in get the person you want.

Its still difficult for Beginner - and takes long time - to just model "what you need".
    Actually it is technically possible to calculate 3D-Scannings from pictures.

So i would like to make some shots from a person from lets say 45 Degree Angle, 8 SHots ... and feed it into Poser.
    As a result i should get a Geometry ...
    Then i want just to say "Size, weight, Hair and and Skin-Colour".

Imagine a Marriage Agency. You go on the site and you say "I want a female, age .. weight, race, hair colour, size, how strong etc.

Then the Agency shows me some pictures, i select the one that fits best.

Thats really all needed. A Deep Learning trained Network can now calculate the Figure that i want out of this stuff.

So this is the future. This what i want to do. The rest is mathematics.
    Maybe needs Deep Learning. Go for it.

• Poser Ambassadors

• @fbs7> right, but how do you import a smoke, fire or liquid simulation? can't have a static flame prop over 600 frames, so you need to export 600 meshes, and then import them one by one

as far as I know there's no standard file format to interop simulations of smoke, fire or liquid across different apps

Just out of curiosity have you tried importing as an animation file? I don't know if it can or will work, just a suggestion.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 Have you tried Nerd3D's particle rain, fog, fire and smoke plugin for Poser?

• @Ken1171 I've had the rain and fog tool for some time. Didn't know about the smoke and fire.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 You can find Nerd3D's "Smoke and Fire" plugin at HW3D --> http://hivewire3d.com/smoke-and-flames-tool.html

• I sent in my three biggest remaining "boy this is irritating" suggestion, now that the menu hopping bug is in the next update!

1. Check box to mask off conformed items like clothes to make posing picking easier.

2. Make "body" the default, not "hip" for new instances.

3. Check box to mask off properties that have not been modified, since unmodified properties aren't being modified. An extension of the * mark, but more aggressive.

• Poser Ambassadors

@tburzio I have also submitted the suggestion to create a "Figure Mode" and "Conforming Items Mode" to SMS. This can simplify what can be clicked with the mouse in Poser.

I have also suggested a search and filter box for the morph dials like they have in DS. One of the options in DS is to activate "Currently used", which only displays dials that have been changed. This functionality is included with ShaderWorks Advanced Figure Manager 2, which is a Poser plugin. Unfortunately, SemiDieu has retired and the plugins are no longer available.

• Poser Ambassadors

When importing geometry, if a figure or prop is selected, give the option to "import new" or "update existing". This way when making changes to a model we don't have to open a text editor and manually change file paths or keep up with versions/file names during the creation process. Of course this is another aspect that requires that obj import/export is fixed first.

Add the x,y and z rotation dial settings menu to their corresponding pages in the joint editor, so that we're able to change the name of the dial and its limits, sensitivity etc right from within the joint editor. The updated geometry should have an approximated weight map based on the weights surrounding it, instead of no weight map at all as is the current situation.

Make the Joint Editor and the Hierarchy Editor windows dockable in the Pose room.

• @AmbientShade said in Submit Your Poser Suggestions to Smith Micro:

Make the Joint Editor and the Hierarchy Editor windows dockable in the Pose room.

Actually, they are, but not by default. Click the black arrow in the upper right corner of each of the windows, and enable "Drag Docking Enabled." Then put them where you want them.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Deecey lol

Ok - new request: Make the black arrow more visible!!!

You know how long I've fought with that trying to get them to dock? I couldn't see the microscopic black arrow.

• @AmbientShade Make Poser AND CP more usable for the visually impaired! :)

• @AmbientShade said in Submit Your Poser Suggestions to Smith Micro:

@Deecey lol

Ok - new request: Make the black arrow more visible!!!

You know how long I've fought with that trying to get them to dock? I couldn't see the microscopic black arrow.

Really really really bad on a 4K monitor. LOL