OpenGL Problem - Black Eyes

• Since it renders ok, try turning off the hardware shading in your preview settings.

• Hi

I lowered the Specular to zero, and disconnected the other node linked to Image Map 3. The result is still the same.

0_1498735365569_Poser-Black-Eye-Specular.jpg

• @redphantom I tried turning off the Hardware Shading, the result is still the same.

I also disable Hardware Antialias, that didn't help either.

0_1498735838230_Poser-Black-Eyes-Render-Settings.jpg

• I don't have a graphics card in one pc, just an AMD processor with built in HD graphics, and using PoserPro11 and OpenGL on that one, loading JamesCasual doesn't present this problem with the eyes. I checked and the preview options are all as your screenshot.

Is your Poser and content all up to date just in case that's causing it? Have a look at the PoserDownloadManager to see.
    Poser should be on 11.0.6.33735 and your content should be 11.0.6.33625.

0_1498740106309_versions.jpg

• Hi, I have the latest version. I was told by support that OpenGL might not work 100% with PC using Intel HD Graphics Card.

There was another user (erwin_sc) who wrote on one of my previous post from last year, who had the same problem. His computer also uses a similar Intel HD Graphics Card.

He was able to reasonably fix the black eye issue through the Material room. Although he didn't elaborate on what he did to "reasonably" fix it. I am hoping he returns and respond.

• OK, just thought it was worth checking. Have you tried changing the document display style at all? Selecting one of the lined document display style options (hidden line, lit wireframe, flat lined or smooth lined) should allow you to see the figure's eyes in order to utilise the parameters dials. Not the fix you want but maybe usable?

• @raven I need to use the Comic Book Preview Options to get that black and white cartoonish look (follow by an Antialias Document Render). This function can only be used in OpenGL (it's disabled in SreeD view for some reason) under my circumstances.

If I can enable this function in SreeD view, then I probably don't need OpenGL then. In my current SreeD view, the eyes are normal. In OpenGL, the eyes are black.

• turn diffuse value to 0. that is why the eyes are now white. all you want is for the eyetrans to be transparent.

• With the diffuse color 'white', after changing the diffuse back to '0', all it did was made the eyes black again.

0_1498788789975_Poser-OpenGL-Black-Eyes-Diffuse-Value.jpg

Starting all over again, with the eyes black, I turn the diffuse value to '0'. There is no change in results.

0_1498788884604_Poser-OpenGL-Black-Eyes-Diffuse-Value-2.jpg

• @Twister1996 the black is coming from the anisotropic node plugged into the alt spec. remove that.

• YES! Finally got the black eyes removed

0_1498795260698_Poser-Black-Eyes-anisotropic-node-removal.jpg

Is there a way to save this particular Material Settings so I don't have to configure it every time I start a new file? That way, every new file will start up with this material configuration automatically.

Thanks All :)

• @Twister1996 if you always use james as your figure you can texture him the way you want then save as a new character preset (figure library) and then every time you load him up he will have the texture setting you wanted.

• I just realize something. All the figures have a totally different Material setup than James.

This is Pauline:

0_1498800880042_Pauline-Black-Eyes-Simple.jpg

0_1498800987727_Pauline-Black-Eyes-Advance.jpg

Is there a common configuration that I can do for all the figures, that could get rid of the black eyes for all of them. Any commonality that would work for all of them?

such as -

1. setting the diffuse color to white
    2. defuse value to '0'
    3. specular value to '0'
    4. disconnect / delete all the nodes

etc.

• Any ideas how to normalize Pauline's eyes?

• @Twister1996 It depends on the geometry of the eyes. Vicky 3 for example has a section that only covers the iris that is intended to be transparent while the rest of the eye is the "eye whites," so you would not want that part to be transparent. Pauline has a "cornea" section that covers the entire eye (same with Vicky 4 and Micheal 4) just the same as with James so it would be similarly textured.

• @ghostship Not all of the figures have EyeTrans material. So it's the Cornea that I need to adjust?

• I was able to get rid of the blacks eyes for

1. SydneyG2
    2. SimonG2
    3. Jessi

I need help with Pauline. I'm quite stump on that figure. If I can correct this one, I might be able to fix the remaining figures.

0_1498805048276_Pauline-Black-Eyes-Material-Room.jpg

• @Twister1996 set up her cornea the same way james cornea was and that should work

• I think Pauline is more complicated. I fixed up all the other figures. Only Paul and Pauline remains a challenge.

0_1498810968420_Pauline-Black-Eyes-1.jpg

Setting the Specular Value to '0' made the eyes worse:

0_1498810981828_Pauline-Black-Eyes-2.jpg

The Alternate Specular is already disabled.

This Pauline / Paul figure have a different setup than James (and the others).

I tried disabling all the other nodes, no effect.

0_1498811234561_Pauline-Black-Eyes-3.jpg

• If you are just going to be using the Comic Book Preview (which I didn't realise! ) then the easiest thing to have done for the James figure would have been to just copy the eyeball material to the eyetrans material. 5 seconds and problem solved.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.