Can't make use of ClipStudio asset browser

• When I try to download anything from the ClipStudio app, I first login, then find an item to install, then click the Download button... and it invariably tells me that I must sign in first; nothing ever downloads.
    alt text
    ?!?

Does anyone know the cause of this, the reasoning behind it (if any); or the way to fix it?
    Thanks in advance.

• I notice the bar at the top just says "Clip Studio Assets" but there should be a drop-down next to it, a "hamburger" menu on the left, and your login on the right - but those elements are missing:
    0_1499027496118_loggedin.png

You should see if you can log in and download stuff if you go directly to the Clip Studio Assets site in your web browser (without using the Assets app):
    https://assets.clip-studio.com/en-us/

• Thank you for the response, OffWorld.
    I wonder, is there an updated version of the ClipStudio asset browser? I'm not sure why mine would be different.

Clicking (download) links on the website opens the asset browser to the generic start page; (not the page for the asset I tried to download). Afterwards it's the same. Clicking any download link asks that I sign in first.

• 1.6.2 is the latest english version.

Yes, when you click the "Download" link in the Assets site in your web browser, it launches the Assets app and it won't go to the same item page BUT the double-arrow icon should show (1) for activity - though if it's a small asset it might happen really fast. So click on that double-arrow icon to open the Communications Management window and see if it downloaded the thing or not.

If it still isn't working, check your firewall settings to make sure you're not blocking the Asset app in any way, and failing that reinstall Clip Studio Paint (which will also install the assets app).

TIP: If you're on a Mac you can use Pacifist to extract just the Assets app from the installer so you can drag-and-drop overwrite the existing one rather than going through a full re-installation.