Issue with M4 in Walk Designer

• Hi everyone, I'm new to Poser and I'm trying to make Michael4 take a walk but it seems that he insists on walking on heels... when I dial down the "high heels" options it starts walking funny...
    Could anyone help?
    Oh, and is there a way to make his hand more relaxed? he's always at "grab" pose... when I apply other hand poses it still looks stiff...

• @animei About the hands, you can "block" them before enter in the walk designer, so, after you make the walk animation, you can apply them the hand poses you want.

About the other problem, some figures don't work well in the walk designer, I don't know if M4 is one of them.

• There is a product at Hivewire specifically for M4 and walk designer. I've never used so don't know how good it is but it's by Nerd so it should do the job.

• Are you using the SR3 version of Michael 4 ? The older versions have some issues.

• It might be appropriate to use an "Add" animation layer which only contains keyframes to adjust the bend of M4's feet and only apply to the walk keyframe range.

• @anomalaus said in Issue with M4 in Walk Designer:

It might be appropriate to use an "Add" animation layer which only contains keyframes to adjust the bend of M4's feet and only apply to the walk keyframe range.

Just to add that if you do that make sure the M4 walk layer is not on the base but on a separate layer and that it is above the layer you wish to use as your adjustment layer. Poser likes to work on a top down approach when working with layers and adding them together. So the flow should be something like:
    Top layer: M4 walking. Layer is set to ADD not Replace
    Middle layer: Adjustment to M4 (i.e. feet). Be in Replace while editing. Afterwards set to either ADD or Replace.
    Base layer: Try not to use for anything other then the most basic starting positioning setting (if that)

• @ibr_remote I don't really know what M4 version I have... as I said, I'm a real Poser noob, so I still get confused about the names of the things and locations, as with runtime management...
    How can I check my M4 version?

• @richard60 @anomalaus you saved the day on the animation subject... I'm still getting to know poser interface, and this layer based animation system is somewhat like news to me :/
    I tried correcting poses before and the thing just goes crazy everytime... guess I wasn't doing what I'm supposed to for it to work!
    I'm trying this and if anything blows up, I'm scream for your help, okay? LOL

• @j.naylor73 I’ll buy it and experiment with it… do you possibly know where I should install the product, considering I use multiple runtimes?
    should I install it into M4 character runtime? or poses?

• @animei The best way is to simply obtain the latest version of Michael from your account at DAZ3D and re-install it.

• I expect you can just put it in your M4 folder, but there might be a part that needs to elsewhere. There should be a readme file with it and if not the people at Hivewire are very helpful