Can I delete things in my temp folder?

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    I just realized there is almost 700 gigs of files in my temp folder.
    Probably from the time my computer was going wonky.
    Is it ok to delete files from the temp folder?
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Poser Ambassadors

What temp folder? Is it C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp?
    You would probably do well to run CrapCleaner, since it is selective about what to flush.

• @seachnasaigh Hmmmm, I delete everything in that folder before shutting down for the night. I also clean out the Render Cache from my Poser 9 and Poser Pro 11 folders in C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming every night.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    seachnasaigh
    Thanks for the great info.
    seachnasaigh I'll look into the "CrapCleaner" and
    MissB great idea to clean those folders at night.
    I was amazed when I found that much junk in the temp folder.

Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee Oh I started doing that a few years ago. I find it just bogs down the computer with cr*p if you don't clean the Temp folder out every night. The Poser Render Cache folders I started doing when I got PP11, because someone posted on one of the forums (I think Renderosity), that it was a good idea. I figure it's a good way to keep the system cleaner than it used to be years ago on my last computer.

That said, I find only 3 files that will b*tch at me in the Temp folder, so I don't delete those. One's the AuthLog, which will let you delete it if you want, but it will warn you first. I think that's used for permissions to share stuff from one computer to another, etc. The other two are a .TMP file and a .TXT log file. They refuse to be deleted, but I don't see additional versions the next day, so they must be overwritten each time you boot up. Of course, not everyone logs off their computers every day, but that's something I've always done.

• Poser Ambassadors

Great info Miss B.
    I really appreciate it.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee You're quite welcome. ~smile~