How do I stop brushes from bleeding out of a selected area?

• It might be stabilization or post processing stuff? I lasso up an area i want to paint. After drawing my marks, they self correct right out of the selection.
    Any one know the easiest way to deal with this?
    Sometimes it is a splatter effect, or sometimes it is the 45 degree brush stroke.
    Thanks.

• Its not because of post processing ... you only get this problem with Vector layers. The center of your vector line finishes at the edge of the selection but the width of your brush shape goes beyond that center of line and bleeds out of the selection. If you do not want to use Raster ( which does not have this problem) then you will have to use a mask. When you have finished filling the selection go to layer palette and click the little camera shaped icon at the bottom ("create layer mask")..... and the bleed bits will be masked away.

• @888toto said in How do I stop brushes from bleeding out of a selected area?:

Its not because of post processing ... you only get this problem with Vector layers. The center of your vector line finishes at the edge of the selection but the width of your brush shape goes beyond that center of line and bleeds out of the selection. If you do not want to use Raster ( which does not have this problem) then you will have to use a mask. When you have finished filling the selection go to layer palette and click the little camera shaped icon at the bottom ("create layer mask")..... and the bleed bits will be masked away.

Ah. That's it. I switched to vector a few weeks ago. I'll switch back to raster when I have a selection next time, or try masking.

Thanks 888toto. Makes sense now.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.