Cloth room simulation settings question

• Hi, in the cloth room, in the simulation setting window, you can see 2 options:

-vertex against cloth polygons

• polygons against cloth polygons.

Apart from the obvious that the description says by itself, which differentiates at the time of the simulaicon , for example, which is faster, more effective, when using one or the other ..

Thanks.

• Poser Ambassadors

You would add an option such as object polygon against cloth vertex in order to decrease the likelihood of poke-through, even while using a low collision offset distance (I like 0.125). It will cost a bit more simulation time. I stress "add" the collision type, as opposed to "replace" the default collision type.

I usually add object poly vs cloth vertex -the inverse of the default- and also add cloth self-collision.

• Hi, Thank you :)

• @seachnasaigh said in Cloth room simulation settings question:

You would add an option such as object polygon against cloth vertex in order to decrease the likelihood of poke-through, even while using a low collision offset distance (I like 0.125). It will cost a bit more simulation time. I stress "add" the collision type, as opposed to "replace" the default collision type.

I usually add object poly vs cloth vertex -the inverse of the default- and also add cloth self-collision.

OK Seach, I have a question. I've only been playing in the Cloth Room for about 6-8 months now, and I've always checked all 3 of those options per a tutorial I got when I obtained a clothing set that had dynamic pieces included, and not just the one you mentioned. Are you saying I don't need to check all 3 of them?

Also, I don't think I've ever used a collision offset lower than 0.25, and collision depth lower than 0.3. Maybe it's time I start playing more with those settings.

• Poser Ambassadors

I use those three options together; I find that with those three ticked, I can set the collision low (0.125) so that the cloth rests right onto the doll, and still not suffer poke-through.
    Seeing clothing "floating" two inches out from a doll irks me.

• @seachnasaigh Thanks for the confirmation of the use of all 3 of the options.

As for the Collision Offset, I'm going to have to play with it more to see what kind of settings I can use, though I can't say I've seen anything that hangs away from the character that much. Then again, it could also depend on the style of the item, so we shall see.

• It is obvious to say, but the number of cloth polygons is a decisive factor for simulation time, I think a good start for a Poser cloth is to find the perfect number of polys for speed and great simulations results.

• @Miss-B The default collision offset and depth are 1.000. I haven't tried measuring the result - I should do that some time when I'm bored - but I suspect that's 1 inch. It certainly leaves an unsightly gap which is especially visible in places like thin shoulder straps.

I admit I usually set collision offset and depth to the same value. If anyone has a better thought-out strategy I'd be pleased to hear it!