Noobie question

• Something that might also help, depending on how you like to learn, you could post some of your work here and ask for help making it better.

I learn by doing - so reading books to try to understand something isn't as effective as learning by example for me.

Let us know how we can help you the best.

• @smurfstalker said in Noobie question:

Hello Mike. Honestly, it depends on how best you like to learn. Although there's a great deal updated in Poser since version 8, it may be worthwhile to get the book, 'Practical Poser 8: The Official Guide'. It's available on Amazon for cheap and will offer a very good introduction. Despite the changes in the application, the bulk of the information in the book is still relevant. It'll probably be way more efficient than searching a multitude of forums and sifting through hours of videos. As I write this, the price is under $15 shipped (in the U.S.). As far as I know, it was the last of the "Practical Poser" series to be published. Hope this helps :)
    http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Poser-8-Official-Guide/dp/1584506970/
    And here's the link to the book on Content Paradise ($49.99), but you could save a few bucks at Amazon.
    http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=16127

I've read it. It's an excellent book!

• @Glitterati3D said in Noobie question:

Something that might also help, depending on how you like to learn, you could post some of your work here and ask for help making it better.

I learn by doing - so reading books to try to understand something isn't as effective as learning by example for me.

Let us know how we can help you the best.

Yes, don't be shy to ask questions here. Even if you think they might be silly. :)

• Happy New Year to everyone!

I would also like to ask as a new member.
    I'm currently familiar with poser software (PP2014).
    I stand before PC construction. Unfortunately, I do not understand the configuration.
    I want to ask for help for a comparison.
    What configuration do you use? From motherboard to cooling, I'd be curious about everything.

Thnx.

• @szili77 said in Noobie question:

Happy New Year to everyone!

I would also like to ask as a new member.
    I'm currently familiar with poser software (PP2014).
    I stand before PC construction. Unfortunately, I do not understand the configuration.
    I want to ask for help for a comparison.
    What configuration do you use? From motherboard to cooling, I'd be curious about everything.

Thnx.

I agree with Glitterati. Better you ask us questions about what you're trying to do Than to expect us to read your mind.

• @eclark1849 said in Noobie question:

I agree with Glitterati. Better you ask us questions about what you're trying to do Than to expect us to read your mind.

Dear eclark1849
    I'm sorry if I have expressed myself in an incomprehensible way. I speak little English, I use a translation program.
    At the same time, I want to know what hardware is used by others to make the program and rendering work without problems. I'm trying to find out which video card, processor, memory, etc. the best. I want to build a computer for myself. So I hope it's more understandable!

Sincerely

• Poser Ambassadors

PC hardware for Poser isn't really that important for the most part.

If you are rendering in firefly, you want as many cpu cores as you can afford.
    Superfly (in the newer Pro version) can use the cpu or the gpu, but you need a good gpu (GTX 10 series, etc) RTX cards are not supported.

Just to give an example. My render machine is a first gen I3, 8 gig of ddr3 ram, ssd boot drive, two large hard drives, and a GTX 1070. It is no power house by any means, and runs Poser fine.

My workstation is a dual xeon (westmere) 24 cores, 48 gig udimm, etc. But it has AMD gpu so superfly is cpu bound.

• That AMD video card is why SM needs to get cracking on a AMD ProRender engine plug-in for Poser. Or at least port the Blender plug-in.

I really like the idea of having a render engine that will use both the CPU and ANY GPU as well as both system and VRAM a single render engine.

• Poser Team

• Thank you for all the advice.
    The plan on which I can start is slowly starting to emerge.