white borders in AereaRender in FireFly

• Hello people

I often get this white lines in AeraRender in fireflly (not in superfly). Is this a bug?

0_1500214434339_temp-del.jpg

• @joker I get those too (in Firefly)
    It's only a problem if I was using the area render for fixing a problem but that is easily worked around by exporting both renders (the full and the area) and putting them together in an image editor.

• @ghostship Thank you for your answer..

I often use complex afterworks filters and modulations. So it does not always works that easy, That's the reason why I somtimes need the whole picture as one piece

normaly I render superfly, but in under water scenes I use firefly because of the lightbeam effects and the possabilty to use a light source as a picture projecture. Both of these effects doesn't work in superfly.

The lightbeam effects are not good in superfly. And the use of a light source as picture projector does also not work at all.. or does anybody know how?

• @joker said in white borders in AereaRender in FireFly:

The lightbeam effects are not good in superfly. And the use of a light source as picture projector does also not work at all.. or does anybody know how?

What sort of picture projector do you want? This is just a spot light in Superfly (with an added bit).

0_1500335234791_Brad cinema.jpg

(from my not yet complete 2nd edition lighting guide)

• @piersyf

I use the picture projection for the light (spot or infinite) under water. How have you made your picture projetion in superfly?

• You can attach an image to a light and reduce the scale of the light to 1% or lower, but I find that to be unreliable. I've made it work in the past, but even saved scenes haven't worked when re-opened. Instead, I use real world principles (who'da thunk with a PBR?); project the light through a film plane.

The image I posted earlier has a one sided square in front of the light. The materials for the square are these:
    0_1500372021871_film.JPG

If you set the light scale at 1% or lower you get a clean image that does not degrade as the light is increased (the spot light in the image was at 6,696 and projecting over a distance of 21m). Change the scale of the light to anything above 1% and it gets progressively fuzzier.

• @piersyf Ah, ok. this works like a diaprojector :-)

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.