New Gen4 Superfly Eye Shaders

• Hey gang!

here is a link to the new version of my Gen 4 Eye mats.
    https://www.sharecg.com/v/88803/view/6/Texture/Ghostship-Eyes-REV2
    There is only one set of textures included as this is intended more as a shader setup and you should be able to use your own textures or ones you have purchased. Just load the shaders and drop in your color and bump maps in the appropriate places in the mat room.

0_1500408951792_New Eyes example.jpg

Anyway, I'd love to see examples of these shaders in use!

• They look great - can't wait to try them, many thanks.

• @ghostship Thank you sir, downloading as I type this. ~wink~

• Poser Ambassadors

@ghostship Wow, thank you. They look just amazing.

• Looks good! I had a small issue with the materials calling for a 'VWDalilahEGray.jpg', but that doesn't seem to leave any gaps in the actual material when dismissed. Some of the textures I've tested also seemed to produce a slight black line around the edges of the sclera, while others did not. That suggests it's a texture issue rather than anything to do with the material set-up, so I'll have to experiment a bit to pinpoint what's happening and why. It might just be that the brighter lacrimal is creating an otherwise unnoticed contrast with a shade added to the texture.

Thank you very much for sharing these! I can definitely see this being an improvement over my current setup.

• @adosity the textures are only referenced in the Poser 4 compatible Simple materials section of the shaders, which is why ignoring them has no effect on the Advanced shader tree.

If you were to open "Gen4 Eyes ALL REV2.mc6" in a text editor, any time you see:

textureMap ":Runtime:textures:Tosca:VWDalilah:VWDalilahEGray.jpg"
    			0 0 
    	bumpMap ":Runtime:textures:Tosca:VWDalilah:VWDalilahEyesB.jpg"
    			0 0 
    	reflectionMap NO_MAP

you could replace them with:

textureMap NO_MAP 
    	bumpMap NO_MAP 
    	reflectionMap NO_MAP

and no longer be bothered by the missing texture message.

• @adosity @anomalaus I'm having some deja vu: this happened with the first version of the eyes and those same textures were being called when I did not have them in the mat.

I'm no good with scripts or the text editing part. If anyone can de-bug that and upload a clean MC6, I could update the material.

This has got to be a bug with Poser. The last time it happened using my old computer and a different install of Poser. I would suspect that changing a texture map inside a shader leaves a trail of dead ends upon saving the new MC6 files.

• @ghostship here is a link to a zipped folder with the three material files which have had their missing texture references removed.

Missing Texture Fix.zip

Cheers!

Perhaps it has something to do with the root being a Cycles node? Anyway, it's quite possibly a Poser bug. Every time I've saved a material back to the library which has had an image map changed, the change usually propagates into the Simple material section when the Poser root node is used. Of course, if your only root is a cycles one, there is no equivalent Poser 4 simple shader translation, so they may not bother to update it.

• @anomalaus thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'll have these shuffled in after morning errands.

• OK! new updated zip at shareCG. Same link should work. thank you again @anomalaus

• @ghostship Thanks muchly. ~grin~

• Oh no not this old thread!

I was looking over some Dawn renders and noted that she needed some good Superfly shaders.

The ones I made for V4 work just fine on Dawn with one small tweak to the slclara/eye shader. Dawn's eye whites don't need/use the transparency map that V4 uses so just delete that when you load the eye shader.

Here is an example using my shaders and the default texture maps that come with Dawn SE.
    0_1502165003539_Dawn Eyes New.jpg

• OK, Pauline only has two mat zones for her eyes so you will need to use a spec map to tell Poser what's shiny. Also, I did not like the bump effect coming out on the eye whites so the bump map needs to be modified in a photo editing program. paint the eye white area black on the bump map.
    Use my eye surface shader for Pauline's cornea and this modified iris shader for the rest of her eye.
    0_1502169380056_Pauline Eye mat settings.jpg
    Here in my example I'm using @tempesta3d Altea texture maps for Pauline.
    0_1502169582609_Pauline Eyes.jpg

• @ghostship said in New Gen4 Superfly Eye Shaders:

I was looking over some Dawn renders and noted that she needed some good Superfly shaders.

The ones I made for V4 work just fine on Dawn with one small tweak to the slclara/eye shader. Dawn's eye whites don't need/use the transparency map that V4 uses so just delete that when you load the eye shader.

Thanks, I've made a note.

• The shaders work for Roxy as well. Note that I don't use Roxy and therfore do not have any good textures for her. The default textures for her eyes are not quite realistic. Also note you will need to make a bump map for the iris.
    0_1502171682302_Roxy Eyes.jpg

• @ghostship Hi, after you apply these and are going to render in Superfly, do you run them through EZSkin3 or just leave them as you have them?

Amanda

• @amethystpendant EZSkin overwrites whatever current shader you have on that zone unless you tell it NOT to change those shaders. I use EZSkin and just uncheck the eye mats in EZSkin and then go into my mats library and use my stuff on the eyes.

• @ghostship Thanks, that's what I guessed but nice to have confirmation :)

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.