What would you change about Content Paradise?

• Assuming you want to have a better shopping experience at the online store. People have been complaining. If you were put in charge to revamp the store, what would you change for the better?

1. Quality Assurance
    2. Promo quality, presented in an ARTISTIC shopping cart
    3. Delete all the old products
    4. Remove the fee for download

• Well, I'm not sure I'd want to delete "all" the old products. IOW, if reconstruction of the store started now, and was available to the public by the beginning of 2018, I'd want to delete anything older than say 2015.

That said, removing the download fee would be first on my list, closely followed by good Quality Assurance.

I also would like to see Promo images that are larger, and with better quality than what they currently display. I know there are sites that don't utilize a popup style of viewing Promos, but they are still large enough to easily view what the product is. The current Promos often put me off buying any products they offer.

I'm sure there are other options to consider, but like Traci, I think those are the 4 most important issues to be addressed.

• Poser Ambassadors

I don't see the point in deleting old products unless they just aren't selling anymore. There are things at renderosity from back in 2008 that still sell today, enough to keep them out of clearance. I'm sure the same is true for at least some items at CP.

It's my understanding that CP is able to offer a higher percentage to vendors because they put more of the responsibility of maintaining your products and store on you. If they start adding QA and marketing and all that the vendors cut will likely go down.

• @AmbientShade It's simple really - volume and age. The volume alone makes searching the site useless. The age simply means low quality textures and dated rigging.

Even DAZ weeds out old products and bins them.

• @Miss-B Poser is all about ART and the CP store is about function. It's not even good advertising for Poser, much less the products.

• I'd hate CP to get rid of old content. The main reason I visit CP is for content for the older figures (Miki 2 and the G2 figures.) I'm a fairly new Poser user and don't have the vast libraries of older content that some of you have. Not every body is into making great art, I'm happy with a more stylised look for most of the renders I use and like using the older figures for variety. We've already lost a lot of resources for these figures with the demise of RDNA, and I'd hate to see the rest disappear, so perhaps a separate older content department which has to be searched separately might be an idea if clogging up the store is a problem, but to be honest I find it easier to find stuff I'm looking for at CP than at DAZ for example.

I'm not worried about charges for extended downloads per se, but do object to it being automatically put in my cart for me to delete for every purchase.

Larger promo images are something that I agree would make the site more user friendly.

• Poser Ambassadors

If you have an adequate and easy to use search function on the site and catalog the content correctly then 'clogging up' the site isn't an issue. The more content a site has the more likely it will have something that appeals to more of its visitors. One of the search functions could be date range specific, though I don't see why we should worry about how old something is, geometry doesn't expire. there's been more than one occasion I went looking for an item that I saw in one of the stores years ago only to not be able to find it anymore because it's been removed for whatever reason and nothing better has come along to replace it.

• @j.naylor73 I'm talking about really old, useless content. Like all the content that is already available when you buy Poser. And, the things like the insects that explode when you forget to uncheck smooth polygons, and have no poses available. Useless, ancient content.

• Some of my favorite d3d scripts are over 10 years old (and yes, they work in p11). It would be a shame if sites got rid of stuff just because of age. Rather than weed stuff out based on age, maybe do it on popularity. This script is ancient but it still sells 10 a week, this micro bikini is only a year old but hasn't sold once in 6 months. Which would make more sense to get rid of?

I would like to see bigger promo pictures and bigger thumbnails.
    And get rid of the download fee. If they have to have that, make the download time longer at least a year, and don't have it be automatic in the cart.
    QA would be nice. I can't say it's bad now because I don't shop there enough to know. I haven't had any problems with the stuff I've bought not working, missing files or having files named the wrong thing. Maybe I've been lucky.
    I don't know what is meant by an artistic shopping cart so I can't comment. When it comes to shopping, I prefer simple and streamlined so I know I'm not clicking on the wrong thing.
    I would also like to see a link to my wishlist on the home page near view account, sign out, and check out.

• @redphantom An "artists" shopping cart will offer large images showing off the products, not tiny images that you can't even really see well. I should be able to SEE what I am buying, and at best, I can tell CP products have texture files - but I'm guessing that they are quality textures because I can't see them.

Like Rendo and DAZ, I should immediately know there are more images to display without scrolling down the page and it should be easy to scroll slowly through the images. Not close one, scroll, open another, repeat. Customers are simply not that patient.

Right now, I pull up the main page of "humans" and half the page is taken up by Santa Claus.

• @Glitterati3D said in What would you change about Content Paradise?:

Like Rendo and DAZ, I should immediately know there are more images to display without scrolling down the page and it should be easy to scroll slowly through the images. Not close one, scroll, open another, repeat. Customers are simply not that patient.

What I was thinking of is more like at ShareCG, where there's a row of thumbnails, and when you click on them the last large Promo image is replaced (in the same place) by the new large Promo. I wouldn't like having to scroll down a page and open each Promo separately either.

Amazon does the same, though they have the thumbnails down the left side of the main product image.

• Poser Ambassadors

Guys, please : Thank you.

SM just changed its entire graphics team. (November 2016)

The new teams are learning the apps right now, and some apps are getting newer beta's so there is improvement on this long road.

Please give the new teams some time to concentrate on the core apps.

Stores?
    There will always be stores, and CP is certainly not a priority this first year after a team change.. And those that want to sell will always find a good home.

Best regards, Tony

• @vilters Tony, we've given SM plenty of time. On the other hand they never tell us anything so how are we supposed to know when it's okay to say something. Wait for you to tell us? And if I put something in the store, I want it to sell. On the other hand, if people are telling me that they either can't, won't or don't shop at the store... well it may not be a priority for SM, but it sure is hell is for the vendors. The graphics team isn't going to work on CP and probably wouldn't know what to do if they did, so SM should put a dedicated sales team in charge of the store and revamp it. Now what's wrong with that?

On the other hand, I had interactions with a couple of people from CP when i first joined up as a vendor and they seem to want to help, so yes that scores big points with me.

@redphantom An "artists" shopping cart will offer large images showing off the products, not tiny images that you can't even really see well. I should be able to SEE what I am buying, and at best, I can tell CP products have texture files - but I'm guessing that they are quality textures because I can't see them.

Right now, I pull up the main page of "humans" and half the page is taken up by Santa Claus.

Ok. I understand. When you said shopping cart, I thought you meant the checkout page. I do agree that images need to be bigger.

• @vilters said in What would you change about Content Paradise?:

Guys, please : Thank you.

SM just changed its entire graphics team. (November 2016)

The new teams are learning the apps right now, and some apps are getting newer beta's so there is improvement on this long road.

Please give the new teams some time to concentrate on the core apps.

Stores?
    There will always be stores, and CP is certainly not a priority this first year after a team change.. And those that want to sell will always find a good home.

Best regards, Tony

We were told well before the poser team was let go the store was getting an update. Plenty of time for us to see something. Plus, does the development team run the store? Or would that be the marketing team or the web gurus or someone else?

• @redphantom One would hope that software programmers aren't doing double duty as webmasters!

@redphantom One would hope that software programmers aren't doing double duty as webmasters!

That thought makes me want to cringe. ~frown~

• Exactly, so why would a change in team effect the store as Tony claims.

• @Miss-B said in What would you change about Content Paradise?:

@Glitterati3D said in What would you change about Content Paradise?:

@redphantom One would hope that software programmers aren't doing double duty as webmasters!

That thought makes me want to cringe. ~frown~

ROFLMAO. Me too!