List of Poser Vendors

• I think perhaps props, structures and architecture might be split, but that's up to you and it will depend on how much you have of each. What about terrains, skydome and such?

• @redphantom That's part of the problem.Props, can be anything from a hat to a gun to a bed to a crate. Structures, can be anything from a school to a house, to a space ship, etc.

• @eclark1849 I make original figures, outfits,vehicles, some props, and in a near future sets.

• I may have glanced over it - but I don't think Xurge 3D is in the list

xurge 3d - Home

• @tastiger I already have him, but thanks for the link.

• @eclark1849 said in List of Poser Vendors:

Can you guys think of anything that needs to be added to the list of categories? I'm kind of thinking of adding Sci-fi and Fantasy as a separate category. What do you think?

Content Categories
    Vendors are listed under the category for which they make content. A vendor may be listed under several categories.

Adult Content

Animals

Botanicals

Clothing &Accessories

Creatures

Hair

Vehicles

Merchant Resources

Utilities

Python Scripts

Poses & Animation
    Props, Structures, Architecture
    Morphs, & Characters
    Lights & Cameras
    Tutorials

You have morphs and characters, but standalone figures should probably be a separate category. I think of "Morphs and characters" as addons for figures that have already been created.

• @Deecey I have it listed as 3rd Party Figures on another list I'm working with. but I'll be sure to add it on the main list. Anything else you can think of?

• @eclark1849

Hmmm ... Shaders?

• @Deecey Wouldn't that fit under Materials and textures?

• I suggest adding 'Superfly Content' as a category? Because not all vendors support already Superfly, and customers may be searching especially for this?

• I'd second the idea of adding a "Figures" category separate from the Morphs/Characters one...

• @eclark1849 said in List of Poser Vendors:

@Deecey Wouldn't that fit under Materials and textures?

Well, I guess you could say all Shaders are Materials, but not all Materials are Shaders. Very often all you need is a Diffuse, Spec (if needed) and Bump/Normal map to texture an object. I wouldn't call that using a Shader, so it might be useful to have a separate designation for Shaders, especially if someone's looking for something specific like water, mirror reflection, metals, etc.

Just my 2¢, FWIW.

Edited to Add: I'll second the suggestion for a SuperFly Content category, because it's still too new, and a good many folks haven't gotten into creating materials for SuperFly as well as FireFly, as not everyone has upgraded to P11/PP11 as yet.

• @Miss-B Yeah, but adding a Superfly content category would be rather time consuming to put together, unless the content makers are going to start making the notice more noticeable and prominent on the product pages.

• @eclark1849
    Content creators who would like to be listed for providing Superfly support can just drop you a note to inform you about it and kindly ask for being included in that category? After all, we (content creators) benefit from such a list, I don't see why it should necessarily be YOUR duty to find and describe them all. Once the list is established with initial data you have collected, it should be in everybody's interest (creators as well as customers) to keep you updated with information, so you shouldn't be forced to 'deep investigate' to find really everybody? We (content creators) should be grateful enough that the list exists, and assist you with it even in our own selfish interest, not true? :-)

• That could work.

• "Biscuit's Exclusive Vendor Sale!"

Biscuit's store at 50% off for three days only! Starting now through 11:59 pm (cdt) Tuesday, August 1st.

Maybe I should run ads when I get the website up and running. :D

• @eclark1849 Please don't. Nothing I hate more than ads on a web site (other than those relating to the site in question's products).

• @Miss-B No promises, but I'll think about it.

• @Miss-B you said '(other than those relating to the site in question's products).'

But this is how I understood the idea of probably running ads, and I find it a great idea. He talked of 'Biscuit's store at 50 percent off for three days' and this gave him the idea of probably running ads.

And I find the idea not bad, because it could increasy the number of visits and bring the list more to life. If it were just the list, I would look at the list every once in a while when I search for something specific. But if I knew that it is also a central place for cross sites vendor advertisement (Poser related, of course), then I would most likely drop in more frequently or even on a regular basis.

• @Bytefactory3D Well, as I said, I will think on it. I'd like to know what Miss B thinks about having vendors who have a sale going on have a small sign or sales tag beside the vendor's name with with a quick announcement like 50% off sale: and clicking on the sales tag would take you to the vendor's store. That way, the ads are small and unobtrusive, and the vendors make more money.