List of Poser Vendors

• @eclark1849 odnajdy@RS (forget her another vendor name)

• @wimvdb said in List of Poser Vendors:

[...] There are many excellent things which Poser users miss because they do not know about them - like Sasha. [...]

If you want to include SASHA in your directory, please also mention her forum (the poor man's substitute for a proper web site):
    http://sasha-16.forumprofi.de/index.php

You can also download SASHA at that place, and get updates, add-ons, help etc.

Karina

• @phdubrov I have NO idea what you're trying to tell me.

• @eclark1849 I think he's trying to respond to your query as to who the FoRender artist is at Renderosity.

• @Miss-B said in List of Poser Vendors:

I'd like to make a suggestion, but you can totally ignore it if you wish. What I've often seen on sites is a blog page that introduces updates/new products. Maybe you could utilize something similar to post changes when a vendor moves, opens their own shop, or even just when you've added new links to vendors you've just discovered. Certainly a good place to use banners. ~wink~

That is certainly something to think about. Maybe even announcing when someone is having a sale like the 60% sale for Fabian's store at Renderosity. :D

• @eclark1849 Yes, and I'm thinking you could call the link News, so folks will be more interested in looking at it, rather than just the word Blog.

• @KittyBrown looks like Odnajdy's work.

• @ghostship Yes, I checked out her store at Renderosity, as I wasn't familiar with her vendor name, and it looks like the same type of characters I've seen FoRender offer. I was never into any look-a-likes, other than the ones SAV did, but I do find FoRender's weapons collection impressive.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 said in List of Poser Vendors:

@wimvdb To b e honest, I'm not sure I see the benefit of browsing by vendor without the benfit of knowing what that vendor makes. Hence, browsing by category with the vendor listed under the category for which he makes content.

As for what's new, the site will be continuously updated as people move around, sites close, stores get bought out, etc. We'll see how things go. Plus, I want to keep it "fresh".

Browsing by vendor allows you to see what other items that vendor has made.

Example - a vendor which makes excellent hair props, bay be quite good at clothing or morphing as well. It is often the amount of detail which determines how good a product is.

The what's new listing is a matter of convenience. It tells you what new products have havebeen released in the Poserverse.
    I prefer to an easy way to browse new items instead of going on a hunt to find new items.

• @wimvdb Ultimately, you'll be browsing by vendor anyway then. Don't forget, the main categories you see on the main page are there to identify what you're looking for. So if you, want hair, click on the hair category. That will take you to a page where vendors who make hair props and figures are listed. Select the vendor you want and the link will take you to that vendor's store or website where you can browse through whatever products that vendor makes.

• @KittyBrown Quite a few of the outfits, not to mention characters, on that store seems lifted 1:1 from copyright protected videogames. I suppose it's possible that they recreated them with impressive detail, but it might be worth verifying that. In the EU, linking to copyright protected content is allowed - but only when the copyright holder has first freely published said material online (so content behind paywalls doesn't count).

• *Weapons. *
    How in the world did I miss that category?,

• @adosity Hmm... good point. Although that Jabba the hut is a good likeness.

• @adosity I wouldn't know... They have been up for years and selling the stuff. It's up to Disney to protect their IP. If they haven't had a problem with it yet that's on them.. This isn't a new site by any means. The modellers seem quite adept at making likenesses of real people, I'm sure storm trooper armor is a fair bit easier. I've no reason to think these weren't modeled from scratch, but if anyone has info to the contrary please bring it up.

• @adosity said in List of Poser Vendors:

@KittyBrown Quite a few of the outfits, not to mention characters, on that store seems lifted 1:1 from copyright protected videogames. I suppose it's possible that they recreated them with impressive detail, but it might be worth verifying that. In the EU, linking to copyright protected content is allowed - but only when the copyright holder has first freely published said material online (so content behind paywalls doesn't count).

I remember reading something to that effect a while back (don't recall exactly when), but I've never purchased anything from them. I've modeled several swords over the years, But I'm still trying to learn how to model guns, so I like to look at their weapons to get ideas.

• So I'm creating links to all the Poser Content stores like Hivewire, Renderosity and CP, and I say, might as well go ahead and add Renderotica. Except, I forgot how HARD Renderotica slaps you in the face when you follow a link to their site. You open up that home page even by accident at work or in front of the wrong people and you will be history. I've decided to have a warning html page pop up when you click on that link warning you about the site you're about to go to. The page will give you a choice to continue or not. I may have to do something similar for some or all of the vendors on that site. Why does that place have to be such a head ache?

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 said in List of Poser Vendors:
    Why does that place have to be such a head ache?

Nth go at this reply.

Because they can. Because they have huge egos. Just like me - just like most of humanity. And one of the classic responses to feeling rejected, or marginalised, is to push back. Hard. And to KEEP pushing - because acceptance seems to take a long time.

Look at any segment of humanity that has felt hard done by enough to protest, and the chances are that they are still protesting years, decades even, after their grievances were reasonably well known. Because the rest of us don't change quickly, or easily.

Cutting it short here before I sound even more of a dick than I can put up with,

Cheers,

Cliff

• Speaking of stores, what constitutes a "store"? I've got the big seven, DAZ, CGBYTES, CP, Hivewire, Renderosity and Renderotica, and Poserworld listed, but I'm not sure about the smaller stores like Share cg. which really just started up. I'm also staying away from private websites, which will be listed under their own vendor's names. Frankly, I'm not even sure where Poserworld fits in there. Technically, there's only one vendor there, Steve and Allen, but they've been around since I got started in Poser back with Poser 2. They were a freebie site back then. And if I list Poserworld as a store, then should I also list Xurge, and EvilInnocence and PhilC? Although since Phil seems to be retiring his store seems to be a moot point.

• How about ali (from renderosity, mostly hair), the creator of Bella. For now she's available at his site and I don't know if she'll be sold only there. All his hair, even older models not found at renderosity are there as well as other items. I prefer to shop at vendor's personal sites whenever possible so they can get more of a cut and still pass savings to us like ali does. http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php

There's also http://freedom-of-art.ucoz.com/publ/ mainly with products and freebies from Summoner but I think there are others selling there as well.

• @kalypso Vendors not selling at any stores except their own personal website will still be listed.