The Poser Low Res Male

• So, here I have used the PP11 morph brush to make the Poser Lo Res Male figure more like an anime-style guy. Building on a basic toon shade tree for Cycles by Sanne, I created the Cycles surface shader trees for the figure. I modelled the hair using Blender 3D particles hair, converting it into hair geometry strips, and textured it with the toon shader tree. I used EZDome by Snarlygribbly, and applied HDRIs by Dan Meyer (aka smashmethod aka FictionalHead). I rendered using SuperFly. The eyebrows are from MakeHuman made into a prop by me, with a custom cycles shader by me.

• For comparison, here are the default mesh view and rendered Lo Res Male :-

• Here is my morphed Poser Lower Res male wearing clothing from Poser 6 CE converted using Fitting Room, and morph brush, then sent to Cloth Room as dynamic cloth. I modified the shaders with toon shader tree and applied them to the Cycles surface (no such thing back in the days of Poser 6). The boy is good enough for an Visual Novel Otome Game.

I used the Poser Kate_Hair, adjust to fit this figure, and created the toon shaders for the hair.

• Poser Ambassadors

Nice work. :)

• @Ghostman Thank you !!

• So, for the benefit of folks who need to know, here is the anime guy look (Left) and the default face (Right) of the Poser Low Res Male. I used Alyson_Hair4 and applied my toon shader tree for a Cycles surface on the hair parts. I also modified the toon shader trees on the figure to make a fair version of my Ikemen character. Rendered using SuperFly.

And here is the morphed face from various angles:-

• And finally, I have the full morphed Poser Lores Male figure in a different pose:-

Again, credit Snarlygribbly for EZdome and to Dan Meyer (smashmethod / FictionalHead) for HDRIs.

Ground Plane Cycles shader devised by me.

• Good use of old content this is.

• @F_Verbaas Thank you !
    I want to continue re-visualising these older items through the Poser Pro 11 tools.

• Poser Ambassadors

Poser-Pro-Lo-Res-Female meets Poser-Pro-Lo-Res male.

Both modified by me.

• Fixed some obj file errors, and made completely symmetrical.
    • Removed the default eyes and replaced with lower resolution eyes/cornea's.
    • Removed all what was inside the mouth.
      Extruded back of lips inwards to create new inner-mouth.
      Extruded gums from inner-mouth, extruded teeth from gums.

The female now is at 6.381 verts (Including hair and boots) She also has her complete texture remapped and reworked.)
    The male comes in at 5.989 verts. He was still default this morning. His creation to this took something less then 4hrs

Loading and rendering.
    Load the obj files at crease angle 180° (Scenefixer can do that automatically for you)
    Set SubD to level 1.

All; have their materials set to Physical-Surface.
    All; Have only 3 mat zones : Body, lashes, cornea.

• Body texture loaded at GC 2.2
    • Lashes texture loaded at GC 1.0
    • Cornea does not use a texture.

Best regards, Tony

PS : I don't use the Poser-Pro-Medium Res figures.
    They use the same texture anyway.
    And using the tips above, the Low Res figures are simpler to rework and give a better result.

Have fun using the Poser tools.

• @vilters I like what I see !!

• Poser Ambassadors

It took 4 hrs to completely repair/rebuild the obj file, and adapt the shader setup to PhysicalSurface.
    It was still the default Lo Res Male this morning. LOL.

• Here is another example of what one can do with a Poser 2 figure in Poser Pro 11.

Figure on the left is the default Poser 2 low res figure.

Figure on the right is the same figure with subdivision set to 3.

0_1500842103810_LoRez Poser 2 Female-sm.png

• @ssgbryan I can't seem to get the subdiv button to activate for me - is this the setting accessed through the Parameters tab ?

• Poser Ambassadors

You have to select the figure, then goto Figure and set skinning method to Unimesh.
    Then the SubD button will become active.

Best regards, Tony

• @vilters AH ! I see.... Thank you. No matter how many years I've used Poser, the details elude me at times !

• I have been working on several versions of Cycles Surface cel-shader trees, based on Shunsuke Irie and Sanne's cycles shaders. I refined the Ikemen character morph futher. I have also created clothing (using the Developer Object provided with Poser). Not all the clothing are shown here. Here are my results. Short Layered hair by Mr Maya, with custom cycles surface cel shader by me. Lighting also by me, to suit the NPR shaders (Non-Photorealistic Render). Compositing done with Fotor app.

• Variations of my Ikemen morphed Poser Low-Res Male figure, to generate characters for Visual Novel Otome Game in style of Japanese versions...
    3rd-party content credits (now used for example renders only, not intended for final renders):

• Bottom Right - Hiro Free Hair by 3DZone, with custom Cycles Surface shader by me.
    • Top Left - Sky Hair by Swam, with custom Cycles Surface shader by me.
    • Top Right - Nana Boy Hair by 3DZone, with custom Cycles Surface shader by me.
    • Top Right - Sera Glasses by Mazuso, with custom Cycles Surface shader by me

My hair geometry:

• Bottom Left - Beng Hair modelled in Shade3D by me, with custom Cycles Surface shader by me.

All renders were done using SuperFly and Cycles Surface shader trees.

• @ibr_remote I hope you won't be offended. I mean no disrespect, but merely indulging my idle curiosity, but why the fascination with the Lo Res male recently? I mean, why not use a higher density mesh like Paul, for example?

• @eclark1849 Animation potential - use less memory. Hopefully !!

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.