Poser 11 SR7 is available

• Poser 11 SR7 is now available from the download manager

Updates Poser 11 to version 11.0.7.33971

Attached is the read-me for the Enhancements and Fixes....

Smith Micro Software, Inc. and the Poser team are pleased to announce that the Poser 11 Service Release 7 (SR7) is now available for both OS X and Windows. SR7 will update your installation of Poser 11 to version 11.0.7.33971

SR7 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:

General

• Document window: Drag and drop of content to the Render tab was causing stability problems.
    • Enabled notification mechanism. Available notifications will highlight an icon on the top right, clicking the icon accesses notifications. To be used for important messaging only
    • Object: Create Text Prop now allows user selection of font.
    • Improved control/font size for popup text fields when running with large display scale settings (Windows only).
    • Fixed font scale for material room dial popup text fields for system settings with large text sizes
    • SreeD document preview: Improved actor and figure circle picking (macOS High Resolution only).
    • Fixed condition where some dialogs may draw with visual artifacts upon first access.
    • BODY level value parms will now be converted to TargetParms to be containers for subdivision level morphs.

Content Library

• Locate of search results when located item in not in selecte Runtime now results in a switch to viewing All Runtimes.
    • Now filtering out file names like ._abc.ppz. These dot/underscore files are typically hidden on macOS and are not meant to be viewed.

Material Room

• Fixed various Material palette scrolling issues.
    • Fixed a problem with rectangle drag-selection of material nodes on Mac Retina displays
    • Improved stability of compound nodes when connecting inputs in certain situations.
    • Compound shader nodes: Preview now updating more reliably when changing input values.
    • Compound shader nodes: Improved expansion of compound nodes
    • Improved stability when parsing hand edited compound node mtl files.

Final Rendering

• Sketch Render: Improved memory handling and stability when exporting sequences
    • SuperFly: Fixed case where combining strand based hair with 3D motion blur would cause instability.
    • SuperFly: Improved 3D motion blur performance.
    • SuperFly: Cycles performance improvements
    • SuperFly: Improved documentation of ScatterVolume. Improved behavior when setting color value to black.
    • SuperFly: Now allowing simultaneous use of bump and normal mapping
    • SuperFly: Improved glossy shading at very low roughness
    • FireFly: Enabled toon outline rendering (non-Pro only)
    • SuperFly: Fixed an issue where rendering could get stuck at "Starting" (Windows only).
    • SuperFly: Improved Cycles > Vector > Mapping node accuracy when rendering in queue, background or separate process.
    • Addressed stability issues associated with rendering in background or separate process.
    • SuperFly: Strand based hair now has proper UV coordinates, allowing it to be textured by the surface underneath.
    • Render tab: Fixed case where only a portion of the first render would display
    • FireFly: Improved stability when rendering hair props

Figure Creation

• Hidden parameters are no longer omitted in Figure->Copy Morphs From...
    • Preview: Improved SreeD area rendering on Retina displays (OS X High Resolution only).
    • Morphing tool Edit mode & Vertex Weight painting: Improved stability in certain situations with subdivision levels >= 2.
    • Fitting Room: Create Figure: No longer incorrectly creating control props on body parts that were specified not to be 36170 included in the rig.
    • Morphing tool Edit mode: Fixed a problem with Morph Creation when 'Work with current morphs' was disabled.
    • Vertex Weight painting: Fixed instability when editing no-geometry bone
    • Parameter/Properties palette now exposes 'Master Sync enabled', which allows for a global override of parameter 35288 Master Sync behavior. Selection is stored in General Preferences, along with Display in calculation order and Show hidden parameters.
    • Deformer properties: Exposed magnet attribute to make it easier to create magnets that have a better effect on figures.
    • Morphing tool/Vertex Weight painting: 'Restrict to' is now obeyed for smallest (single vertex) brush size.
    • Fitting room: Improved stability when performing Create Figure... in certain situations.
    • Subdivision surfaces: Improved memory handling.
    • Morphing tool/Vertex Weight painting: Fixed picking logic that caused jumpy behavior when object had lots of polygons facing perpendicular to camera vector.

Simulation

• Bullet Physics: Now posting log message when mesh is considered poor for simulation

Animation

• Improved stability when (auto-)saving a scene with a Graph palette after having deleted an object whose parameter was the shown in the palette.
    • Graph Palette: Fixed drawing of y-axis labels in High Density/scaled GUI situations.
    • Animation palette: Fixed frame number font size in case main scale parameter (size of text, apps and other items) is > 100% (Windows only).
    • Many other UI fixes for High Resolution displays

Import/Export

• FBX Import: Improved stability when importing files with no materials
    • FBX Import: Improved import for some FBX files which previously failed to import.
    • FBX Export: Improved saving with Unicode filenames
    • FBX Import: Fixed case where import of conforming cloths would fail
    • GoZ: Several bug fixes for integration with ZBrush

PoserPython

• Made python methods poser.CurrentRoom() and poser.SetCurrentRoom() safer when app is shutting down

Queue Manager (Poser Pro Only)

• Now properly recognizing failed render transfers from remote nodes.
    • Improved reliability of sending jobs to remote nodes
    • Increased master queue stability when remote nodes return invalid frames
    • SuperFly: Now using the correct perspective when the active camera is pointed at a figure (e.g. Face camera).
    • SuperFly Queue renders on remote machines now respect images in background shaders

PoserFusion (Poser Pro Only)

• PoserFusion for Maya now supports Maya2017
    • PoserFusion for Lightwave now supports the Lightwave 2016 Beta

Content

• Corrected Paul left eye lid rotation settings.
    • Corrected Paul fore arm side-side rotation settings.

Known Issues

• Figure Design: As of 11.0.0, BODY level Full Body value parms will be converted to TargetParms to be potential containers for subdivision-level morphs.
    • Morphing tool: When creating a new morph target that is intended to be used in pose (editing in non-zero pose), please delay conversion to pre-Transform until you are satisfied with the shape.
    • Morphing tool: If you are editing a pre-Transform morph target such as an existing JCM, please use the following process:

1. Choose 'Convert to post-Transform Morph' on the context menu of one of the parameters to be edited
    2. Use the Morphing tool to select and edit the morph target until you are satisfied with the shape
    3. Choose 'Convert to pre-Transform Morph' on the context menu of one of the edited parameters to finalize the morph target.

• Morphing tool: Subdivision-level morphs cannot be applied pre-Transform.
    • PoserPython: PhysicalSurface NormalMap input is now of type kNodeInputCodeFLOAT instead of kNodeInputCodeVECTOR.
    • Queue Manager: Progress indication currently non-functional when rendering with SuperFly.

TRADEMARK &COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Poser, Poser Pro, the Poser logo, and the Smith Micro Logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. Poser copyright © 1991-2016 All Rights Reserved. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

as a note: the read-me says it's SR6 but the fixes and enhancements appear to be current.

• @adi Thanks for the Heads up!

• Excellent - improvement to allow reading of some Unicode FBX upon import.

• @adi Thanks for the announcement. Off to get my downloads. ~smile~

• OK, has anyone done the actual updating to SR7? A member over at HiveWire said he's had a major problem when trying to update, and then open Poser after the update was supposedly done.

I think I I'm going to wait to do the updating.

• My Avast wont let me install it. Keeps coming up with this. I'll wait for a while too.

0_1501274531774_Poser_virus_warning.jpg

• It updated fine for me (Windows 10), no problem.

• @Miss-B said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

OK, has anyone done the actual updating to SR7? A member over at HiveWire said he's had a major problem when trying to update, and then open Poser after the update was supposedly done.

I think I I'm going to wait to do the updating.

No issues here - Win 10 X64 / Poser Pro 11

• I got a threat alert from AVG. I'm currently scanning my computer and may try again once that's done unless more people report problems.

• @tastiger OK, since you and FVerbass both are on Windows 10, that may be my issue, as I'm on Windows 7 Pro. It's possible SM put in an update for folks on Windows 10 that's some how messing with folks still on Windows 7.

I did see another post from the member at HW that he finally got it working, but only after uninstalling and reinstalling fresh, and now it's showing the proper version number on the splash screen, which it wasn't initially.

• I got it to update fine. Im on W10 and use NOD32 for anti-virus.

Is there a possibility that the update file is infected?

• AVG, Win10 Home, Update blocked as a threat.

• @adi said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

• Enabled notification mechanism. Available notifications will highlight an icon on the top right, clicking the icon accesses notifications. To be used for important messaging only

Can one of the developers tell us what this is for? @rtorres?

No one gave a clear answer when I asked about it previously.

• Have any macOS users had problems or issues with updating?

• @James_in_3D

My guess is that is talking about an orange icon that kind of looks like a chat bubble that appears when you have a notification about something. You'll see the icons above the library window at the upper right corner of the UI. It's been a while since I've seen a notification but it opens up the Poser Log Window. I believe I've seen messages appear if material nodes are hooked up to "illegal" connections, that type of thing. I'm sure there are other messages that appear as well.

0_1501285618175_notification.png

OOPS! I stand corrected. There's a bell icon. That is labeled "notifications." That must be it.

• @Deecey said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

@James_in_3D

My guess is that is talking about an orange icon that kind of looks like a chat bubble that appears when you have a notification about something. It's been a while since I've seen a notification but it opens up the Poser Log Window. I believe I've seen messages appear if material nodes are hooked up to "illegal" connections, that type of thing. I'm sure there are other messages that appear as well.

Thanks @Deecey I appreciate your answer but I mean something different (at least I think so).

Click the Bell icon next to the text bubble and it opens the Notifications window. It's different than the log file. (Unless I'm misreading you and you mean important notifications via the log file will now pop up in the notifications window?)

You can also find it via the Window dropdown as below as an item separate from the log window.

0_1501285959187_Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 5.48.31 PM.png

• @James_in_3D said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

@Deecey said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

@James_in_3D

My guess is that is talking about an orange icon that kind of looks like a chat bubble that appears when you have a notification about something. It's been a while since I've seen a notification but it opens up the Poser Log Window. I believe I've seen messages appear if material nodes are hooked up to "illegal" connections, that type of thing. I'm sure there are other messages that appear as well.

Thanks @Deecey I appreciate your answer but I mean something different (at least I think so).

Click the Bell icon next to the text bubble and it opens the Notifications window. It's different than the log file. (Unless I'm misreading you and you mean important notifications via the log file will now pop up in the notifications window?)

You can also find it via the Window dropdown as below as an item separate from the log window.

0_1501285959187_Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 5.48.31 PM.png

Yeah my bad, I noticed the bell after I hit "Post" and yeah that is something new from what I can see. Have no idea what types of notifications that would entail, though.

• @Deecey No worries. Last time I asked I was told it was the "Notification Window for Receiving Notifications". ;-)

Which I'm sure is accurate...if a little Monty Pythonesque...lol

• @Deecey said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

Yeah my bad, I noticed the bell after I hit "Post" and yeah that is something new from what I can see. Have no idea what types of notifications that would entail, though.

Hmmmm, I wonder if that could be a notification of an SR update. That would certainly make notifying folks of an update faster and easier, as not all users are members here or on other forums where the notification is usually posted.

• @James_in_3D I updated with no problems Macbook Pro OS Sierra and am playing with it now.