Poser 11 SR7 is available

• @tastiger OK, since you and FVerbass both are on Windows 10, that may be my issue, as I'm on Windows 7 Pro. It's possible SM put in an update for folks on Windows 10 that's some how messing with folks still on Windows 7.

I did see another post from the member at HW that he finally got it working, but only after uninstalling and reinstalling fresh, and now it's showing the proper version number on the splash screen, which it wasn't initially.

• I got it to update fine. Im on W10 and use NOD32 for anti-virus.

Is there a possibility that the update file is infected?

• AVG, Win10 Home, Update blocked as a threat.

• @adi said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

• Enabled notification mechanism. Available notifications will highlight an icon on the top right, clicking the icon accesses notifications. To be used for important messaging only

Can one of the developers tell us what this is for? @rtorres?

No one gave a clear answer when I asked about it previously.

• Have any macOS users had problems or issues with updating?

• @James_in_3D

My guess is that is talking about an orange icon that kind of looks like a chat bubble that appears when you have a notification about something. You'll see the icons above the library window at the upper right corner of the UI. It's been a while since I've seen a notification but it opens up the Poser Log Window. I believe I've seen messages appear if material nodes are hooked up to "illegal" connections, that type of thing. I'm sure there are other messages that appear as well.

0_1501285618175_notification.png

OOPS! I stand corrected. There's a bell icon. That is labeled "notifications." That must be it.

• @Deecey said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

@James_in_3D

My guess is that is talking about an orange icon that kind of looks like a chat bubble that appears when you have a notification about something. It's been a while since I've seen a notification but it opens up the Poser Log Window. I believe I've seen messages appear if material nodes are hooked up to "illegal" connections, that type of thing. I'm sure there are other messages that appear as well.

Thanks @Deecey I appreciate your answer but I mean something different (at least I think so).

Click the Bell icon next to the text bubble and it opens the Notifications window. It's different than the log file. (Unless I'm misreading you and you mean important notifications via the log file will now pop up in the notifications window?)

You can also find it via the Window dropdown as below as an item separate from the log window.

0_1501285959187_Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 5.48.31 PM.png

• @James_in_3D said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

@Deecey said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

@James_in_3D

My guess is that is talking about an orange icon that kind of looks like a chat bubble that appears when you have a notification about something. It's been a while since I've seen a notification but it opens up the Poser Log Window. I believe I've seen messages appear if material nodes are hooked up to "illegal" connections, that type of thing. I'm sure there are other messages that appear as well.

Thanks @Deecey I appreciate your answer but I mean something different (at least I think so).

Click the Bell icon next to the text bubble and it opens the Notifications window. It's different than the log file. (Unless I'm misreading you and you mean important notifications via the log file will now pop up in the notifications window?)

You can also find it via the Window dropdown as below as an item separate from the log window.

0_1501285959187_Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 5.48.31 PM.png

Yeah my bad, I noticed the bell after I hit "Post" and yeah that is something new from what I can see. Have no idea what types of notifications that would entail, though.

• @Deecey No worries. Last time I asked I was told it was the "Notification Window for Receiving Notifications". ;-)

Which I'm sure is accurate...if a little Monty Pythonesque...lol

• @Deecey said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

Yeah my bad, I noticed the bell after I hit "Post" and yeah that is something new from what I can see. Have no idea what types of notifications that would entail, though.

Hmmmm, I wonder if that could be a notification of an SR update. That would certainly make notifying folks of an update faster and easier, as not all users are members here or on other forums where the notification is usually posted.

• @James_in_3D I updated with no problems Macbook Pro OS Sierra and am playing with it now.

• @Miss-B said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

Hmmmm, I wonder if that could be a notification of an SR update. That would certainly make notifying folks of an update faster and easier, as not all users are members here or on other forums where the notification is usually posted.

That was my thought too.

• @david_macrae Excellent! Thanks for the info.

• @Miss-B said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

That would be handy.

• The SR is trying to unpack in protected space. Windows UAC and any decent virus scanner is throwing up warnings and stopping the install unpacking without it having the appropriate privileges. Needs to be fixed and put up for download again.

• @parkdalegardener Yes that sounds like the issue. I've never had that problem before, so it's something totally new with SR7.

• @Miss-B Somebody at SM might want to come into this thread and and ease user's minds about this SR. There are complaints about this SR showing up on various graphic forums. Some of the DAZ folks are having a field day telling everyone about how SM is releasing viruses on their unsuspecting customers. The bad PR has started and will only grow till someone in the know makes a statement. Getting everyone interested in a new SR that throws virus warnings out to the unwashed masses is not going to help sell software.

• Can't edit my post to reflect that I have just re-downloaded the SR to find it hasn't been fixed yet.

• @parkdalegardener

It's the weekend, so there probably isn't anyone to rebuild the SR.

It's just a false Positive, the quickest way to stop the warning is to report it to the anti virus software provider.

The folks at the Daz forum should chill and look to their own software first before pointing fingers and accusing other companies - I have quite a few reports and posts with Daz and Norton reporting false positives with the Daz Studio software

• Poser Ambassadors

Most, if not all, reports are from Avast!. So it is probably a false positive.
    I have used it for some time now and I do regular scans and nothing has showed up.