Poser 11 SR7 is available

• Thanks for the info.
    Now, my Poser's version is: 11.0.7.33999, not 11.0.7.33971

• Thanks much for this post, ADI!

Miss B - Hi! Is SR7 chocolaty enough? ;)

tastiger - thank you for the BEST one-liner I am likely to see all YEAR! LOL!

• PDG - howdy man!

Installed SR7 Update (not the full program, got it too though) with no issues at all.

System is Win 7 Pro x64 SP1, Intel Q9550 quadcore 2.83 gHz, 8 gigs DDR2, EVGA GT 740 SC 2 gig single slot card.
    My PP 11 reports version .7.33971. Do we have a new-er version to dl now? Just checked, YES we do, downloading now. Sigh.

• @McGrandpa said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

Miss B - Hi! Is SR7 chocolaty enough? ;)

I don't know sir, I haven't tried upgrading to SR7 yet. I've been waiting to see what other problems folks have been having before I do so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed all goes well when I do. ~smile~

• The download manager appears to be choking - server not available. OK, I will try next year.

• My Mac doesn't even admit there is an update, insisting my version is up to date.

• @tburzio said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

My Mac doesn't even admit there is an update, insisting my version is up to date

Are you using the Smith Micro Download Manager. If so with your serial number on the updates tab it should say Poser 11 Update for Mac and ver # 11.0.7.33999 available

• OK, 'parkdalegardner' has already spoken about the update. To which I downloaded two different versions, settling on the 11.0.7.33999 update. Just to try it out, I loaded and ran it a day, trying different human Figures, various props and rendered a few simpler scenes. I use Firefly, max settings, usually run a filter script to set ALL textures to 'crisp'. I also use DSON, and the update is using all the scripts, DSON included, fine. Runs all day without crashing even once. That was a pleasant surprise. Usually it crashed once or twice while going through several scenes. Update '33999' has not crashed even once. Is that Chocolate or not?!?!? CHOCKY! LOL!
    BE it known: system is an old Intel Q9550 quadcore 2.83 gHz (no Hyperthreading), 8 gigs DDR2 800, an EVGA GT 740 SC 2 gig (nvidia) card. OS is Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 on a 480 gig SSD. I got some 3 dozen separate Runtimes on a 1 TB HD, all drives SATA3. BOTH Poser Pro 2014 (64 bit) and Poser Pro 11 (64 bit) seem quite happy with the rig and OS. I haven't really tried any of the cool new features, but some of the bug fixes sure seem to have helped stability. I started PP 11 up again this morning, started recreating and saving character Figures I lose in last years data drive crash. I like having Gen 4 already set up with characters, save them out. I try hard to ignore Genesis 1, but Genesis 2 Male and Females have the advantage of having EVERY character morph you have installed embedded in the Figure. Some might not like that. I do. Means I don't have to save out a whole Figure for every character. Nice eh? Now where is the big smiley? :-D
    McG.

• Yaknow, I noticed too that Poser didn't see any updates available. Said my software is up to date. BUT, running the SM DLM (it first updated itself), it showed me there were updates available. Likely; a Minor oversight. Probably. But, the devs might want to know about that.
    McG.

• @david_macrae I don't have the Smith Micro Download Manager. Why do software people have the urge to be, well, "the other end" when it comes to showing how clever they are? Gol' dern it, if you say "use the download manger and it's hard to find it, , SAY WHERE IT IS, EVERY FREAKIN' TIME!!!!!!

• YOU HAVE TO BUY THE FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER?!?!?!?!?!?! Someone is on drugs at Smith Micro!

• Poser Ambassadors

@tburzio It's a free one but you still have to go through checkout.

• @Ghostman OK, that's stupid. I'd like to change my "Things to change in Poser suggestion." :-) File this one under, "Yeah, we are too dumb to forget not to breath underwater.". I need to fly out with a rolled up newspaper and bat the guy over the head who thought this was a good idea, saying "BAD BOY!" :-)

• @tburzio said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

HAVE TO BUY THE FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER?!?!?!?!?!?! Som

Sorry I didn't add a link but I see you seem to have found it. For anyone else here is a link to a sm website with the download manager: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11-updates.html

On a lot of websites you have to go through the checkout process to get freebies. Including daz and smith micro. it is how they are able to add and keep track of content.

• This post is deleted!

• @david_macrae said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

@tburzio said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

HAVE TO BUY THE FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER?!?!?!?!?!?! Som

Sorry I didn't add a link but I see you seem to have found it. For anyone else here is a link to a sm website with the download manager: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11-updates.html

On a lot of websites you have to go through the checkout process to get freebies. Including daz and smith micro. it is how they are able to add and keep track of content.

@tburzio

Hi, The download manager is either on the Poser disk if you bought a physical copy - or Smith Micro sends you the link in an email when you first buy Poser from the website

• @adi said in Poser 11 SR7 is available:

Hi, The download manager is either on the Poser disk if you bought a physical copy - or Smith Micro sends you the link in an email when you first buy Poser from the website

It's good to have the link in case you lose the original. I kept getting a message saying to update the manager, to the same version, every time I'd run the thing. I needed to reinstall it so I needed to download it again.

As for the update, I did decide to run it and it seems the library jumping bug is fixed. Haven't had it happen yet and I've tried to make it happen. I was also having trouble with changing the camera layout using the shortcut buttons below the scene causing freezing. That seems to be fixed too, but I haven't used it extensively.

• @redphantom do you have details of the library jumping bug? I have 11.0.7.33999 and it still does the thing where, with the breadcrumbs and the text list displayed, if you select an item or folder which causes the breadcrumbs to use an extra line, the item you selected stops being the one under the cursor you just clicked, as the top of the list window moves down, along with its content, so trying to click on a folder and then open it is very frustrating as the second click isn't on the same item you just selected. Or is that a different problem. (I'm on MacOS)

• @anomalaus The menu jumping bug isn't a little thing, it jumps from one end of the library to the other. Your problem appears to be different.

• Unavailable. Host Unreachable. Why am I getting that??? I guess I could try to uninstall the DLM and then reinstall it. Could that be the issue?