How to input 6-digit web colour to Poser cycles material

• I'm using those 6-digit hexadecimal web colour codes to specify colours for my materials in Poser Pro 11.

The code would be, for example, 876c67.

I am using the Cycles surface and cycles shader nodes. Is there a way to input these types of values ?

There is a Colour Mix node under the Cycles set of nodes in Material Room. I am guessing that I can input the colour for either Color1 or Color2. But... how do I do it ? Or is there another way ?

• Poser Ambassadors

I use a converter and then type in the correct numbers. There are many. Here's one online:

Color Converter

Go into that page and enter your color with a # in front like #876c67.

Then you read off the rgb to type into Poser: rgb(135, 108, 103)

• Poser Ambassadors

Note: Poser used to be able to pick colors using the eye dropper. It still does but only on its own windows, which makes it near useless. I used to use the eye dropper on any window which made it very easy to grab a color from some other color listing.

I posted a bug report about this a long time ago - no reaction took place other than to keep it in the TODO list for each next release.

• @bagginsbill said in How to input 6-digit web colour to Poser cycles material:

I use a converter and then type in the correct numbers. There are many. Here's one online:

Color Converter

Go into that page and enter your color with a # in front like #876c67.

Then you read off the rgb to type into Poser: rgb(135, 108, 103)

This can also be done in Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, and most likely Gimp, though I haven't had Gimp on any of my computers in about 5 years, so not absolutely sure it's color dialog has both hex and rgb notation available.

• I have this site bookmarked, it can do most of the color conversions all on the same page.

Very handy.

Rapid Tables

• I see, I need to actually generate the colours from the code first. Noted that external link as well. Checking it out. Thanks !