More Questions from the newbie: Poser 10 transfer face morphs between figures?

• So, after spending a lot of time using the Jessica figure to create a character (That accidentally ended up looking like Ms. Charlize Therone), I found out that she will not interact properly with "paired" shoes. When I make them conform to the character, zeroing first and even using the bones links, they hang off in space. The XYZ trans controls are there and spin, bu the shoes do not move.

I have been through the various forums, and Youtube, and nobody has a fix for "Bent and displaced shoes". Once I figured out she could only play with "Single shoes" loading one at a time, I looked at other characters. And found one. The problem is that I LIKE the face I have on the Jessica Figure.

The question is...can I load a Current figure's User altered Face morphs (Jessica) into another figures "face" features EASILY. Any ideas?

• You can send a face morph to another toon that has the same mesh, with vertices in exactly the same order. That is, basically, the same character. There are I think 3 ways of doing that.

Now, I think you're trying to repurpose a face morph to another character with a different mesh; you can do something like that by using the Morph Tool in Create Mode; just overlap the two faces, then use the "Tight Fit" tool to fit Character B (your new toon) to Character A (Charlize Theron). This works well for smooth morphs and for small changes, but will be very difficult if the faces are too different.

Now, a note about the shoes: don't conform the shoes. Say you have one character which is the two shoes for Charlize. Duplicate the shoes. Name one shoe character to be "Left Shoe", and the other other shoe character to be "Right Shoe". Then hide all left shoe parts in the Right Shoe toon, and hide all right shoe parts in the Left Shoe.

Now, assume that the shoe covers the whole of Charlize's foot and goes up to her shin. Now select Left Shoe character and Figure / Change Parent to Charlize's left shin (hide Charline's left foot and toes); then select Right Shoe character and Figure / Change Parent to Charlize's right shin (hide Charlize's right foot and toes).

If the shoe was an open shoe and covered only part of the foot (and didn't touch the shin), then you'd parent the shoes to the foot, and not hide the foot. This whole thing works for socks too.

This works well with 90% of the shoes, and you can pretty much fit any shoe to any toon. The exceptions are shoes that cover partially both the shin and the foot (or the thighs too); for both this trick will not work.

• A note: I've found several shoes for one toon not fitting another toon's shin because of the shape of the shin. That's easily fixed with Morph / Create / Tight Fit to make the shoe fit the toon's shin. Works the same way for short shoes that need to fit a foot.

• @fbs7 You mention "Hiding" an element (in this case a shoe). Here is a REALLY stupid question...how you do that? When working on some objects, or things that are partially obscured, I would LOVE to be able to temporarily hide (or make invisible) elements or parts of elements so I can see the object being manipulated.

One example would be the "wall" or beams in a pre-defined scene/set. When I pull back for a wider shot, I violate the space the wall or object is sitting in. That leads to it blocking my view as I pass backwards through it. It would be great to pull further back without having the wall/object interfere. Is there some way to turn it (Or a "captured area") temporarily invisible, but leaving the rest of the room intact to the viewer? Thanks.

• @fbs7 I will look over the drop down menus and try this. Thanks.

• @BikerNerd Hello Biker

You hide an element by double-clicking in the element; it will open its Parameters window, with all the dials; in that window there's a tab called "Properties" with some interesting properties.

The most useful are: You can hide the element in there, can make that particular element show backfacing polygons (very useful for hair and loose clothes). The other properties are more seldomly used.

By the way, if the component that you've selected is the Light or Camera, you can make it non-animating in that tab too, what is very useful to stop lights from flying all over the place during an animation.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.