Simple Bathroom WIP freebie

• Hi guys

Here is another one freebie from me

alt text

alt text

alt text

I've included scene file,OBJ plus light and camera setup and suggested render settings which can vary from yours machines,with GPU I would suggest for normal quality 45-60 samples,above render is rendered at 45 samples

What you will need,you will need EZDome(HDRi image is included in Texture folder) from SnarlyGribbly and most of materials are for SuperFly

Yes you can use it in earlier versions of the Poser if you wish,just materials will be not translated as should and due this I can't warrant will work as intended,but in meantime please use with caution and be aware you will need to adjust materials

Scene is scaled for V4

If you have any question,please let me know

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Above image or render is rendered in Poser 11 with SuperFly

Here is download link on my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rghim3atbjymchw/Simple Bathroom Final version.zip?dl=0

• Wow - That's an amazing render. I wish I had bathroom like that ;)

Thank you for your very beautiful bathroom scene

• Thank you for your freebie. Good result.

• Jura,

this is professional standard!

Thank you a lot for sharing this with us for free.
    I value all the little details you've added, and also that you did this scaled to real world scale.

All in all, this is outstanding from most of what was published in the past, and a perfect example of the way that Poser content should become in the future. Especially when compared to many "playtoy" sets posted "elsewhere"...

Karina

P.S.:
    Sorry for banging my own drum:
    Thank you for choosing SASHA for your other promo renders!

• Thank you Jura, it's lovely. ~smile~

• @jura11 Excellent! I'm well on my way to creating a mansion where every room is a bathroom! Thanks for your efforts. Much appreciated. :-)

• @jura11

Thank you so much!

• Wow ! That is a nice scene.

• WOOT! Awesomesauce! Thanks!

• Thanks Dude!

• Poser Ambassadors

Thank you.

• Thanks guys for kind comments and very happy you are like it

Not sure if there is included HDRi map but if not please let me know

I have planning to release Simple bedroom this week which is finally done, have run to few issues with UV maps but finally finished and should be OK there for release

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @jura11 I found the missing hdr file at Barce_Rooftop_C_3k.hdr with a google search.

The sinks can be smoothed by simply selecting them and choosing Weld Group in the grouping tool. As with the light bulbs. I tried removing the normals from the 'Bath Sinks.obj' file (deleting all the vn lines and removing the third index from each facet vertex, but that had no effect. Perhaps Poser just really doesn't like smoothing triangular facets unless you forcibly weld the vertex normals. I started looking for an algorithm to convert tris to quads, but it's either fiendishly difficult algorithmically, or hideously expensive, as in purchace Rhino and a plugin, so I'll just stick to welding with the grouping tool until I can learn enough Blender-fu to try it there.

Cheers, again, for a great scene.

• @anomalaus said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

@jura11 I found the missing hdr file at Barce_Rooftop_C_3k.hdr with a google search.

The sinks can be smoothed by simply selecting them and choosing Weld Group in the grouping tool. As with the light bulbs. I tried removing the normals from the 'Bath Sinks.obj' file (deleting all the vn lines and removing the third index from each facet vertex, but that had no effect. Perhaps Poser just really doesn't like smoothing triangular facets unless you forcibly weld the vertex normals. I started looking for an algorithm to convert tris to quads, but it's either fiendishly difficult algorithmically, or hideously expensive, as in purchace Rhino and a plugin, so I'll just stick to welding with the grouping tool until I can learn enough Blender-fu to try it there.

Cheers, again, for a great scene.

Hi @anomalaus

I will upload this file during today or tonight and put link over here

I still need to lots of learn regarding the Poser grouping etc

In 3DS Max everything is nice and smooth without the applied any modifier

Will have look on this, in work we have Rhino for sure because they're using that on some specific projects

Blender I don't use there as I don't like UI, if UI will be better then I would use it

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @anomalaus "I started looking for an algorithm to convert tris to quads"
    In Blender, it's a one click conversion (to or from).

@jura11 said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

Blender I don't use there as I don't like UI, if UI will be better then I would use it.

The UI is worse than it was in the 2.4 branch, but it's still got some of its elegance. It's well worth putting up with it, to get the immense feature list from the current branch (2.78c)

*It's possible to make one's own animated feature film in Blender; [think:Shrek] —and make the tie in video game to go with it.

**This was done several years ago: Film & Game

• @mechanaut I know I will eventually have to carry a billion buckets of water uphill with my arms extended to improve my Blender-fu, but my first goal is always to try and find ways to do things from within Poser. If it means finding the research papers that inspired the Blender coders to implement that feature, I'll probably give it a go, until I burn out my corpus callosum and then just fall back on learning to convert things in Blender.

• @anomalaus
    Blender's source code is available for free. It has the code for the tri/quad conversion.

** But it's trivial to load that sink model, convert it, and export it for Poser.

• @anomalaus @morkonan @adi @bopperthijs @ibr_remote @karina @Ladonna @mechanaut

Hi there and all

please see attached file,its corrected bathroom sinks and light fixtures,they now shouldn't look blocky and corrected that inside the 3DS MAX plus attached there HDRi map

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0u2dnxsl1n2u8n/Bathroom corrections.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• I just wanted to say,sorry guys for this

Thanks,Jura

• Here are two quick renders at 25 samples,how it looks

Light fixtures

alt text

Bath sinks

alt text

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.