Simple Bathroom WIP freebie

• @anomalaus said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

@jura11 I found the missing hdr file at Barce_Rooftop_C_3k.hdr with a google search.

The sinks can be smoothed by simply selecting them and choosing Weld Group in the grouping tool. As with the light bulbs. I tried removing the normals from the 'Bath Sinks.obj' file (deleting all the vn lines and removing the third index from each facet vertex, but that had no effect. Perhaps Poser just really doesn't like smoothing triangular facets unless you forcibly weld the vertex normals. I started looking for an algorithm to convert tris to quads, but it's either fiendishly difficult algorithmically, or hideously expensive, as in purchace Rhino and a plugin, so I'll just stick to welding with the grouping tool until I can learn enough Blender-fu to try it there.

Cheers, again, for a great scene.

Hi @anomalaus

I will upload this file during today or tonight and put link over here

I still need to lots of learn regarding the Poser grouping etc

In 3DS Max everything is nice and smooth without the applied any modifier

Will have look on this, in work we have Rhino for sure because they're using that on some specific projects

Blender I don't use there as I don't like UI, if UI will be better then I would use it

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @anomalaus "I started looking for an algorithm to convert tris to quads"
    In Blender, it's a one click conversion (to or from).

@jura11 said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

Blender I don't use there as I don't like UI, if UI will be better then I would use it.

The UI is worse than it was in the 2.4 branch, but it's still got some of its elegance. It's well worth putting up with it, to get the immense feature list from the current branch (2.78c)

*It's possible to make one's own animated feature film in Blender; [think:Shrek] —and make the tie in video game to go with it.

**This was done several years ago: Film & Game

• @mechanaut I know I will eventually have to carry a billion buckets of water uphill with my arms extended to improve my Blender-fu, but my first goal is always to try and find ways to do things from within Poser. If it means finding the research papers that inspired the Blender coders to implement that feature, I'll probably give it a go, until I burn out my corpus callosum and then just fall back on learning to convert things in Blender.

• @anomalaus
    Blender's source code is available for free. It has the code for the tri/quad conversion.

** But it's trivial to load that sink model, convert it, and export it for Poser.

• @anomalaus @morkonan @adi @bopperthijs @ibr_remote @karina @Ladonna @mechanaut

Hi there and all

please see attached file,its corrected bathroom sinks and light fixtures,they now shouldn't look blocky and corrected that inside the 3DS MAX plus attached there HDRi map

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0u2dnxsl1n2u8n/Bathroom corrections.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• I just wanted to say,sorry guys for this

Thanks,Jura

• Here are two quick renders at 25 samples,how it looks

Light fixtures

alt text

Bath sinks

alt text

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• Thanks again Jura. ~smile~

• Hi Jura just tested you Bathroom :) very nice job

Still the hdr is still bad named : Barce_Rooftop_C_3k.hdr instead of Barce_Rooftop_C_3kb.hdr

• @barnardino said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

Hi Jura just tested you Bathroom :) very nice job

Still the hdr is still bad named : Barce_Rooftop_C_3k.hdr instead of Barce_Rooftop_C_3kb.hdr

Hi there

OK I will upload this file later today and post the link

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• Hi guys

Here is link on corrected full version of the Simple Bathroom,with everything like corrected sinks and light fixtures plus HDR which I added to Textures folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrf9m5jq7rz5ztd/Simple Bathroom Corrected version WIP.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• @jura11 said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

Hi guys

Here is link on corrected full version of the Simple Bathroom,with everything like corrected sinks and light fixtures plus HDR which I added to Textures folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrf9m5jq7rz5ztd/Simple Bathroom Corrected version WIP.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Thank you for the update to the wonderful bathroom.
    Thank you also for including the render settings that you used, that was a very helpful starting point

• @jura11 I first want to thank you very much for that gift. Its' great and i feel i can learn a lot looking at how you did it.

I'm puzzled by my rendering :
    Why is the warm color or light given by hdr as seen in the window not rendered in the mirror ? I Tryed both GPU and CPU. Is it a bug or did i do something wrong ? (I did one render with high settings = the same)

0_1503519796901_438b22d5-2950-4a22-98e0-46685c6f1dd0-image.png

• @lsauvage might try turning on BPT in CPU mode (GPU mode will make it crash)

second thought: could be that portion of the HDRI being reflected is more white.

third thought: needs more glossy bounces?

• @lsauvage said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

@jura11 I first want to thank you very much for that gift. Its' great and i feel i can learn a lot looking at how you did it.

I'm puzzled by my rendering :
    Why is the warm color or light given by hdr as seen in the window not rendered in the mirror ? I Tryed both GPU and CPU. Is it a bug or did i do something wrong ? (I did one render with high settings = the same)

0_1503519796901_438b22d5-2950-4a22-98e0-46685c6f1dd0-image.png

Hi there

No worries and thanks for kind comment

You are not done nothing wrong there, its area light

What are you seeing in the reflection is area light there which always will be visible sadly that's how SuperFly works, you can try put inside the bathroom larger point light which you will see in reflection as well

In other renderers you can select if you want to see mesh light in reflection, that's how I work in 3DS Max and how I use mesh lights in windows which is not as much possible in Poser 11 and SuperFly

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @ghostship said in Simple Bathroom WIP freebie:

@lsauvage might try turning on BPT in CPU mode (GPU mode will make it crash)

second thought: could be that portion of the HDRI being reflected is more white.

third thought: needs more glossy bounces?

Hi there

As above what he see in mirror reflection is area light, if you check the scene area light is placed behind the window and with SuperFly you always see almost every light in reflection, only Infinite light I think you can't see in reflection

Larger light is, larger portion you will see in reflections

You can try create chrome material on construct and place light above or elsewhere and you will see that light in reflection etc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura