Poser 11 Crashes When Clicking The "Materials" Tab

• Poser 11 Crashes When Clicking The "Materials" Tab. Almost every time. Anybody have the same problem?
    Windows 10
    Nvidia 1070
    32 Gig Memory
    Intel 6 core
    Everything up to date.

• Poser Ambassadors

I suspect the display driver.
    Make sure you use a recent one (i use 382.33). You can get them from NVidia

• I have driver version 385.28. I always update as soon as I get the notification.
    Right now, I'm in the "materials" tab and it's working fine. When I'm able to get into it, it works fine. But most of the time, as soon as I click on it, the eye dropper tool appears and Poser crashes. Besides that it's been stable so far.
    Thanks for the reply.

• I'm on a Mac, and that happens to me less frequently. I've learned to always save before I click the materials tab. It seems to happen after I've been doing a lot of work on a scene, as if there is some handoff problem when there have been too many changes.

• That's what I do now. I paranoiac-ally click the save button.

• @ireground I've attributed most of the Mac Poser crashes I've seen to a memory leak or managment problem of some kind in the garbage collection routines. I.e. poser seems to be trying to free memory but gets carried away freeing pointers whose allocations have already been garbage collected.

• I get crashes in the mat room too. I have not tested it but the times that I've gotten a crash was when I clicked on something to make a change and while the hourglass was spinning I clicked on something else like "remove unattached nodes," or right clicked and tried to create a new node.

• @ireground said in Poser 11 Crashes When Clicking The "Materials" Tab:

Poser 11 Crashes When Clicking The "Materials" Tab. Almost every time. Anybody have the same problem?
    Windows 10
    Nvidia 1070
    32 Gig Memory
    Intel 6 core
    Everything up to date.

Windows 10 1703 15063.540 64bit
    Poser 11.0.7.33999
    Nvidia driver 385.28

I have about a bazillion gigs of content but have separate runtimes for content i'm making, figures, lights props etc and only have 4 or 5 medium runtimes loaded at any one time

&

I don't get a crash when switching to the material room.

Perhaps you have a wayward plug-in / graphics tablet /external render etc.etc.etc.

• Have you tried to rename the "Poser UI Prefs_1920x1080.xml" file, in Poser's profile folder?
    Replace "1920x1080" with the definition of your screen.

I've had from time to time such problems.
    You may have a weird value.

Just rename the file, don't delete it, so that you can keep the settings for the other rooms, and restore this file to restore your interface back, once you can have correct values for this part:
    <Room name="MaterialRoom" >
    <CustomData ........................... />
    </Room>

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.