Re-center prop/camera

• Hi everybody. I'm new to Poser. Just bought it a few days ago, and I've been searching in the manual for something that I believe is very simple but haven't found anything yet. Let's say I move the cameras a lot and then I don't see my prop anymore. Is there a way to:
    1- Center the prop in the actual view I have (the one my camera is looking at right now)
    2- Re-center the camera and the prop to the absolute center (where Andy is when Poser opens).
    Oh yah, talking about Andy: Is there a setting somewhere so that when I create a new project, there's no Andy. I mean, he does look like a good guy (although a bit undernourished), but I always delete him first thing when creating a new project.
    Thanks.

• I got the "Andy-less" new project.
    Settings-Launch to preferred scene.

• @ireground I'm not sure about the answers to your prop/camera issue, but as far as not having Andy every time you open a new scene to start a new project, just open a new scene, select Andy and delete him. Then save the scene as StartUpScene.pz3 in your Scenes folder.

Then go to Edit > General Preferences > and on the Document tab, select Launch to preferred scene under Launch Behavior. Then click the Set Preferred Scene button. That will ensure that your new StartUpScene.pz3 is your preferred scene for starting a new session.

Then click the Interface tab, and under Launch Behavior, click Launch to previous state. I believe that will open a new file during the same session with the same StartUpScene.pz3 file.

That should take care of not seeing Andy every time you want to start a new project.

• @ireground Looks like we cross posted. Glad to see you figured it out yourself.

• I would also recommend that when you have the default scene set up, you set a UI dot and a camera dot so you can always return to the defaults without having to reload
    Bill

• just zero out the camera controls in the list.

You can tell the camera to "point at" whatever object is in the scene but that might not be what works.

• @willyb53 Good points Bill. I keep forgetting to mention those.

• If you move the camera and want to move the prop back into view without moving the camera again,

1. In display>camera layout check 2 viewports
    2. Set one viewport to top camera and the other to main camera (or whatever one you're using)
    3. Select your main camera and in the properties tab, check that it's visible
    4. In the top view viewport, drag the prop towards the main camera until you see it in the other viewport and it's in the location you want.

0_1503314687625_move prop.JPG

• Press and hold the ALT key, then click on the 3 camera control icons starting from the right of your preview workspace window. That always resets the camera I am using to it's default position. (Also helps if you select the Universe in Hierarchy tab)

• @ibr_remote said in Re-center prop/camera:

Press and hold the ALT key, then click on the 3 camera control icons starting from the right of your preview workspace window. That always resets the camera I am using to it's default position. (Also helps if you select the Universe in Hierarchy tab)

Uh, I didn't know of the ninja ALT trick.Thank you!

• @fbs7 I wasn't aware of that little trick either. Thanks ibr_remote.

• Yup. Zeroing it in the Transform - Parameters works. The Alt-Click didn't work for me. It's funny though, Alt-Clicking on the wheels in "Parameters - Transform" resets each individual parameter I click on, except for xOrbit, which for some reason resets to -5.
    Thanks everybody.

• @ireground the -5 will be the value that has been memorised for that parameter. I.e. Reset restores a parameter to its memorised value, not necessarily zero.

0_1503508093436_Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 3.07.35 am.png

Note the dot to the left of xRotate, showing that the parameter has its value changed from its memorised value. Contrast that with the yRotate parameter showing no dot, whose memorised value is actually 17°.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.