Character creating: exporting morph inj. ?

• @Boni You say 'spin-dialled', is that using your own morphs or other morphs? If it's using the pack you mentioned at Rendo, then wouldn't the PMD be using DAZ morphs, as that package requires the Morphs++ and Elite sets as it contains no actual morphs, only poses that call the aforementioned DAZ morphs? Unless you are going to just be including INJ/REM poses rather than a PMD file. Just trying to clarify, that's all.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi ... apparently because of the DAZ EULA I still need to use the INJ/REM procedure as out-lined in packages such as the Eve Collection's PDF to edit the cr2's as before ... rather than the pmd which is an alternate distribution method which can be used with Poser native figures. I had been under the misconception that Poser could now bypass the process and still be within the EULA ... but at least now I know.

• @Boni can you link us to that PDF? I'm interested to know how the DAZ EULA could prevent you packaging pose files you have created and any custom morphs you have made as long as you can demonstrate that they are not derived from any combination of DAZ supplied morphs.

E.g. you use the morph brush or a magnet to put a bruise bump on a character's shoulder and then save a morph which contains only those vertices which were deformed or modified. If the morph has a different number of deltas, you could probably prove mathematically that it could not be derived by just "Spin-dialling" morphs covered by the DAZ EULA.

As @raven implies, any PMD you distribute would be prevented from containing any morph deltas derived from DAZ EULA covered morphs, but Pose files which just dial up DAZ morphs which the user must already own cannot be prohibited. IIUC

• Poser Ambassadors

the PDF is part of the purchase package ... and CUSTOM morphs are exempt from the EULA. It's when you use the morphs ++ package that need you to edit the cr2 and copy deltas you've used from the "master" list as you said. It was the derivitives I was trying to find a "shortcut" to working with. Does DAZ have a "plug-in" or something that can do that? I know that Netherworks Creator's toybox doesn't quite do it.

• @Boni Daz has Injection Poser Builder. It's a pretty old product originally for Mil 3 figures but IIRC you could add support although I tried it a long time ago. I just used it in the early days of V4 to consolidate my dialed faces into one morph so I could play around with varying values of 2-3 different faces just for personal work.
    Here's a tutorial on how to use it with V4.2 http://www.sharecg.com/v/36268/gallery/3/PDF-Tutorial/Injection-Pose-Builder-The-Easy-Way

• Oh and VictoriaLee has already made several library files for Gen 4 figures so you can just install these but it's good to know how to do it yourself so Richard's tut is a saver :)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=88333

• Actually I just checked Victoria Lee's files and they are very different from mine so I can't say if they will work as intended. If you get the utility and would like my lib files for V4 and M4 drop me a PM.

• @kalypso said in Character creating: exporting morph inj. ?:

Actually I just checked Victoria Lee's files and they are very different from mine so I can't say if they will work as intended. If you get the utility and would like my lib files for V4 and M4 drop me a PM.

Boni may need to build a new support file anyway if there are extra morphs in the Eve Collection - so linking to the tutorial was super helpful

• @anomalaus Thank you for your participation. I appreciate your input, and link.

As one who has also avoided PMD's like the plaque, I was unaware there were bug issues. Mine was more for early non-compatibility with DAZ Studio.

So, what I can glean from both this thread, and Nerd's site, is that I should still avoid them when I am using Poser6, but they are okay to use with Poser9, and PP2014. I don't have Poser11 yet, so I won't be able to observe any differences.

Thanks again, much appreciated...

• @dk3 you're most welcome. Yes, that would be my surmise. Though on the latest MacOS, Poser 6 is long obsolete, un-executable orphaned code, I still have Poser Pro 2010, 2012, 2014 and 11 installed (mostly just for compatibility testing, I don't really do anything productive outside P11). I'm pretty certain that PMD is currently stable and safe.

I'm just delving into a python library supplied by @adp, which allows creation of PMD files and extraction of the packaged morphs, so I will be incorporating the option to follow the user's indicated preference on whether to Use Binary Morph Targets in the suite of scripts I am developing to selectively load and save multi-figure poses from and to the library. The PMD library means that I no longer have to regard binary morphs as an inaccessible black box, when I feel the need to hand edit or programmatically adjust morphs in a text editor ( I have even resorted to copying deltas to and from Excel spreadsheets, to use their tabular maths functionality, from time to time), I will again be able to do so.