Character creating: exporting morph inj. ?

• @Boni Daz has Injection Poser Builder. It's a pretty old product originally for Mil 3 figures but IIRC you could add support although I tried it a long time ago. I just used it in the early days of V4 to consolidate my dialed faces into one morph so I could play around with varying values of 2-3 different faces just for personal work.
    Here's a tutorial on how to use it with V4.2 http://www.sharecg.com/v/36268/gallery/3/PDF-Tutorial/Injection-Pose-Builder-The-Easy-Way

• Oh and VictoriaLee has already made several library files for Gen 4 figures so you can just install these but it's good to know how to do it yourself so Richard's tut is a saver :)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=88333

• Actually I just checked Victoria Lee's files and they are very different from mine so I can't say if they will work as intended. If you get the utility and would like my lib files for V4 and M4 drop me a PM.

• @kalypso said in Character creating: exporting morph inj. ?:

Actually I just checked Victoria Lee's files and they are very different from mine so I can't say if they will work as intended. If you get the utility and would like my lib files for V4 and M4 drop me a PM.

Boni may need to build a new support file anyway if there are extra morphs in the Eve Collection - so linking to the tutorial was super helpful

• @anomalaus Thank you for your participation. I appreciate your input, and link.

As one who has also avoided PMD's like the plaque, I was unaware there were bug issues. Mine was more for early non-compatibility with DAZ Studio.

So, what I can glean from both this thread, and Nerd's site, is that I should still avoid them when I am using Poser6, but they are okay to use with Poser9, and PP2014. I don't have Poser11 yet, so I won't be able to observe any differences.

Thanks again, much appreciated...

• @dk3 you're most welcome. Yes, that would be my surmise. Though on the latest MacOS, Poser 6 is long obsolete, un-executable orphaned code, I still have Poser Pro 2010, 2012, 2014 and 11 installed (mostly just for compatibility testing, I don't really do anything productive outside P11). I'm pretty certain that PMD is currently stable and safe.

I'm just delving into a python library supplied by @adp, which allows creation of PMD files and extraction of the packaged morphs, so I will be incorporating the option to follow the user's indicated preference on whether to Use Binary Morph Targets in the suite of scripts I am developing to selectively load and save multi-figure poses from and to the library. The PMD library means that I no longer have to regard binary morphs as an inaccessible black box, when I feel the need to hand edit or programmatically adjust morphs in a text editor ( I have even resorted to copying deltas to and from Excel spreadsheets, to use their tabular maths functionality, from time to time), I will again be able to do so.