What a wonderful animation!

• The CG looks nice but the writing is crap and the dialog is one cliche after another. Had to stop watching half way through.

• @ghostship
    It seems to be a very nice add for the game, and is more for the FF fans then a stand alone flick... but still you'd think they would make an effort with the story/dialogue.

• Poser Ambassadors

This is a great animation with lots of different effects.

• @vilters said in What a wonderful animation!:

This is a great animation with lots of different effects.

Whaaaaat!!! That guy is being very mean to Lunafreya! He must be a super-villain of some kind. I already don't like him. Yo villain dude, keep your hands off Lunafreya!!

(by the way, the clothes flow beautifully there)

• Actually, to reinforce my point about CGI pageantry, I'm already a fan of Lunafreya (and didn't watch any movies yet with the toon, haha). So there's a toon can be reused, just like Mickey Mouse, I don't think I'll grow tired. I'm ready to watch her movies!!

That evil dude guy, on the other hand.... someone send him on an expedition to Pluto or something. Shoo-shoo!

• @fbs7

... I'm ready to watch her movies!!

In that case, enjoy the latest Kingsglaive and if you haven't seen it also check out Final Fantasy Advent Children

• @krios said in What a wonderful animation!:

@fbs7

... I'm ready to watch her movies!!

In that case, enjoy the latest Kingsglaive and if you haven't seen it also check out Final Fantasy Advent Children

Yeah, who cares about Monet and Renoir? Gimme Lunafreya!!

That was a superb example on how to demolish an argument. Well done, my friend, I stand in awe. Next time I have a discussion with anyone else, I'll just pop a movie with Lunafreya - zip, argument won!

• @krios said in What a wonderful animation!:

@moogaloonie
    At least it's all one medium and it doesn't try to look like another one.

I suppose that's why I have a love-hate attitude toward cel shading and trying to recreate the "stylistic artifacts" of hand rendered imagery in CG.
    If a work is largely hand-drawn, but you need a dolly/tracking shot, it would be easier to do that in 3D than by hand. And it would make sense to try match the look of the rest of the work.
    I also understand why you might want a simpler render style to speed production. I like the look of European graphic novels, and sometimes use filters to simulate that. A nice painterly filter can hide a lot of the artifacts of CG, whether they are caused by low poly geometry or not cranking the render settings through the roof...
    But my attempts at making CG look hand drawn have been mostly aimed at hiding the shortcomings of the 3D images, replacing the "artifacts" of one medium with those associated with another. That, to me, is a very different thing from trying to copy the stylistic traits (born of necessity) of one medium in another medium that doesn't naturally produce/include them.
    Going back to the anime-esque figures, though... I'm surprised that no one has brought up the idea of mesh swapping... Like the way genitals can be turned on/off. If people really want the exaggerated mouth that takes up the entire face, wouldn't it make more sense to have a unique head sculpt (with its own morphs) for those moments?

• @fbs7
    Sure we care about Monet & Rembrant... or the other dude, but on this forum we might be more concerned with FireFlys and polygons ;]
    But in an effort to rebuild what might have gotten demolished, let's start a new thread about the finer points of Renaissance paintings, and or whatever time period Monet was in. Maybe those of us too far down the 3D rabbit hole could learn to appreciate the works of the old masters.

@moogaloonie
    Would be nice to see some of your work.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.