What a wonderful animation!

• As far as animated game commercials go, this one is one of my favorites:

• @krios yeah I liked that enough to buy diablo iii. Now I'm even considering getting an Xbox just for this.

It was twenty years ago that I caught the TR bug and I think I still have it!

• @kalypso said in What a wonderful animation!:

@krios yeah I liked that enough to buy diablo iii. Now I'm even considering getting an Xbox just for this.

Now that's effective advertisement :]
    This is why Blizzard and every other game company doesn't hold
    back when it comes to these short animated commercials, making
    them look like high-end Pixar productions.

• @kalypso said in What a wonderful animation!:

@krios yeah I liked that enough to buy diablo iii. Now I'm even considering getting an Xbox just for this.

LEAH!!!!

I had forgotten all about Leah! I waited for years for Diablo 4 to follow her story (no spoilers, please, someone may not have gone through it), and now I'm too old to play it when it's released.

Darn Blizzard!

That's why Smith Micro needs to add metaballs in PP12, otherwise there will be a group of senile old men saying "Whaaat?? Got metaballs only Poser Super Pro 25! Now I'm too old to use them, darn SM!!!"

• Another one of Blizzard's latest cinematic:

• Poser Ambassadors

@fbs7 said in What a wonderful animation!:

I had forgotten all about Leah! I waited for years for Diablo 4 to follow her story (no spoilers, please, someone may not have gone through it), and now I'm too old to play it when it's released.

One is never too old to play Diablo. ;)

• @Ghostman said in What a wonderful animation!:

One is never too old to play Diablo. ;)

Or Startcraft, haha

This thread made me nostalgic, so I reinstalled my old Star Craft/Brood Wars/Star Craft 2, and I'm playing it all once again (for like the 15th time, haha)

Now it's time to say "Oh No, Lieutenant Kerrigan!!!!"... I'm such a sucker for suffering heroines.. if on the other hand there's a suffering hero, I don't care at all, haha :D

• One of the funny ones:

• Hah! That's a nice one! I guess which software they used - I guess they used one of those high end ones

By the way, I've finished my 15th run of Starcraft series; getting some disk space to reinstall the Startcraft II trilogy

• This one is very impressive too:

It's as impressive as Steamboy. Both look very much like cell animation (and one wouldn't give a second thought for that), but the characters are fully 3D CGI. I wouldn't believe if I didn't see some shots for the production process.

What I love about that style is the economy of movement. Typically one can easily see when it's 3D animation, because of the frame rate and fluid movements; but it's very difficult to get fluid movements natural. So there are many CGI animes that I cannot watch because I just don't appreciate the excessive movements.

But this one is very excellently done for exactly the opposite.

• @fbs7
    That's impressive. It could have fooled me.
    RWBY tried this style, with mixed results.

• @krios This is my only real animation in Poser. I have done some before, but they were mostly just trying it out.

• @eclark1849
    Judging by the title, I was expecting her to hop into a bathtub ;]
    Was that walk designer?

• @fbs7 said in What a wonderful animation!:

Hah! That's a nice one! I guess which software they used - I guess they used one of those high end ones

Not to spark up the old Pro vs. toys conversation, but even tho this was probably made with Maya, aka. the tool God uses, it don't mean nothin'.

Compare Archer to Princess Frog for a second. They are both 2D animations, one very beautifully executed (Disney, of course) and the other very crude (Adam Reed)... and they don't even make any excuses for their limited animation.

Archer is in it's 9th season, going strong... Frog Princess on the other hand, all but forgotten.

Poser is like a sleeping dragon, waiting to be awakened... just you wait, and you'll see!

• @krios yep. Parented a camera to Dawn and just let her go. Only real problem was when she turns that corner.

• @eclark1849
    A-ha... that's why the camera looked like a hand held. Clever trick :]

• @krios said in What a wonderful animation!:

@eclark1849
    A-ha... that's why the camera looked like a hand held. Clever trick :]

In the past I tried to create a camera and parent to the head to try to get the toon's view of something. That gets into a problem with focal length, though... 38mm gets everything distorted for toons that are close up, 100mm gets a flat view but too zoomed in.

• @krios said in What a wonderful animation!:

Hah! That's a nice one! I guess which software they used - I guess they used one of those high end ones

Compare Archer to Princess Frog for a second. They are both 2D animations, one very beautifully executed (Disney, of course) and the other very crude (Adam Reed)... and they don't even make any excuses for their limited animation.

Archer is in it's 9th season, going strong... Frog Princess on the other hand, all but forgotten.

That's one of the things I just don't get it with American culture (even after living here for 15 years). There are some TV cartoons that are just ugly and extremely lazy, yet they have lots of success. I treasure Japanese animation and old style Disney because they are works of art in their own merit from animation alone (nevermind soundtracks and script), yet you get like Spongebob on the top... or it makes no sense at all!

I grew up watching He-Man, afaik an American series...

(

)

...and Speed Racer, afaik a Japanese series

... and both featured awesome characters, with cars being the big hit in speed racer (I could never get enough of those beautifully drawn cars!). And all those British puppet shows (like Thunderbirds and the spy boy that could learn anything). But now thta's easier to make a 2D series thanks to computer drawing, we get American Dad and King of The Hill... I could never watch any of that.

I just don't get it.

• @fbs7
    Good ol' shows... but in the end it's all about demand.
    In the independent animation world, NSFW (preferably real nasty ass non-con stuff) is what is being crowdfunded.
    Remains to be seen if socially acceptable productions can take off and be supported financially... Maya, Poser or otherwise.

Supply & demand, simple as that. What the product is being created with makes no difference to anyone, so long as they are willing to support it.

• @fbs7 You're only watching the animation, not the story. Both King of the Hill and American Dad are shows where the humor is geared more to adult tastes. or at least natural born American tastes. If you don't get it then chances are a lot of the subtle humor is going right over your head. It's just like a lot of British tv shown here in the US. A LOT of Americans don't get what British humor is.