null.cr2

• how can i build a empty .cr2 stripped of any geometry that i can load just to parent props on it in a scene ?

• @barnardino

?
    It would be easier to use a none rendering primitive to parent props to.

that being said.

To make a null .cr2

Pick a figure - any figure - preferable a simple Smith Micro figure.

Strip out everything so that you are only left with the version number - body part actor list - the add child information - and the file closing information

then you have a null.cr2

Abbreviated Example : so this won't work

{
    version
    {
    number 11.0
    }
    actor BODY:1
    {
    }
    actor hip:1
    {
    }
    actor abdomen:1
    {
    }
    actor chest:1
    figure
    {
    name Null
    root BODY:1
    addChild hip:1
    BODY:1
    addChild abdomen:1
    hip:1
    addChild chest:1
    abdomen:1
    defaultPick hip:1
    displayOn 1
    allowsBending 1
    figureType 1318
    origFigureType 1318
    canonType 8
    conforming 0
    displayMode USEPARENT
    locked 0
    }
    setGeomHandlerOffset 0 0.3487 0
    }

• Thanks Adi, in fact i tried to strip a cr2 from everything i replaced the figureresfile .obj w/ null.obj and i didn't delcared actors since there no geom to handle. But it didn't work. I tried to find a empty cr2 somewhere to download but didn't succeded to.

• @barnardino try this:

Null Parent.cr2

It gives me errors when loaded from the library (Error in getNumVertices("Null Parent"): Couldn't create unimesh geometry), but seems to function adequately, and I can parent props to it.

It's essentially what @adi suggested, but includes the control props.

• @barnardino I have also been working on python scripts that allow me to save and load poses for unparented props. But it has to bypass the library to do so. If you don't mind an extraneous figure in your props only scene, then the empty cr2 is probably just as easy.

I don't know why SMS didn't think about being able to apply poses to the grouping objects either, as they would be an ideal solution to the unparented prop posing issue.

• The 'replace body part with prop' function works all right.
    You can therefore make a figure with 'placeholder' geometry and swap (or parent to) at your heart's content.
    The geometry of the placeholders satisfies Poser's call for geometry and gives reference to location of centres and orientation.
    Just make sure that if you use 'swap' the geometry of the the object is zero-ed.

• @anomalaus

Hi, The ability to move the null is a nice solution.
    I didn't get the - Error in getNumVertices("Null Parent"): Couldn't create unimesh geometry - in Poser 11.

I wasn't sure if barnardino wanted body parts to parent his props to, which is why I suggested stripping a figure, should have asked for clarification I suppose lol

In it's simplest form you can get away with the absolute bare minimum of a null figures in Poser

A working teeny-tiny Null figure example :))))

{

version
    {
    number 6.0
    }
    actor BODY
    {
    }
    figure
    {
    name Null Figure
    root BODY
    defaultPick BODY
    displayOn 1
    allowsBending 0
    figureType 1102
    origFigureType 1102
    canonType 8
    conforming 0
    displayMode USEPARENT
    }
    setGeomHandlerOffset 0 0.3487 0
    }

• Thanks for you 2.
    The Anomalaus version give more flexibility as you can move the figure (so all the props in the same time if needed).
    I didn't get any error loading it.

that make think to something else traveling my cam aroundthe scene, i noticed i came regulary lost (where is up ? down ? souht, east ...), is there any compass prop that u can link to your camera and appear in the corner of the screen to know your direction ?

• Another thing:

I f you have SASHA-16, there's a "null figure" in the "Karina's Tool Box" called "UNIVERS" (sic! without the final "e")

You can #parent# anything to this "UNIVERS", from figures to props, lights(!) and cameras.
    Then save "UNIVERS" to your Poser "Figures" library.

It's different from saving a complete scene because anything #not parented# to "UNIVERS" won't be saved with it. So complete control is in your hands.

Everything you saved will load into a new scene without overwriting anything already in it.

Karina

• @karina Ok, thanks, i will check it

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.