Poser 11 SR4 update questions

• i see there is an SR4 .. why no notification from Smith Micro in this? I'm signed up for the newsletters.

#2 ... download manager shows downloads for all the content and program ... to 11.04 .. but do I just need to install the 2 updates ... program and content? or all 11 or whatever parts?

• Poser Ambassadors

I'm pretty sure you can just download the two updates for 11.0.4 and content and you should be good to go.

• @daveso said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

i see there is an SR4 .. why no notification from Smith Micro in this? I'm signed up for the newsletters.

#2 ... download manager shows downloads for all the content and program ... to 11.04 .. but do I just need to install the 2 updates ... program and content? or all 11 or whatever parts?

There's two reasons you haven't got a notification for SR4. First we always soft release a week or so before announcing the update.

However in this case we've discovered a couple of issues the are making us reluctant to really pull the trigger on SR4.

Within a week or so we'll have had time to review the issues that have come up and we'll either release a fixed SR4 or announce this one.

As for updating all you need is the 2 updaters. you don't need to download everything.

• @nerd3d said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

However in this case we've discovered a couple of issues the are making us reluctant to really pull the trigger on SR4.

So you're saying for now we better hold back from moving to SR4?

• @F_Verbaas said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

So you're saying for now we better hold back from moving to SR4?

Only if your internet connection is metered and expensive. If you don't mind potentially downloading 11.0.4 twice, get it now. It is better than 11.0.3 all around.

• @nerd3d said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

@daveso said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

i see there is an SR4 .. why no notification from Smith Micro in this? I'm signed up for the newsletters.

There's two reasons you haven't got a notification for SR4. First we always soft release a week or so before announcing the update.

Within a week or so we'll have had time to review the issues that have come up and we'll either release a fixed SR4 or announce this one.

As for updating all you need is the 2 updaters. you don't need to download everything.

maybe thats why python now spits out errors

• Anyone else have this problem?
    Update to 11.04 ... the Poser Library disappears.
    Fortunately, it is easy to re-install Poser 11.00, to get the Library back.
    Mac OS 10.11.5

• @NathanK said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

Anyone else have this problem?
    Mac OS 10.11.5

how do you re-install too Poser 11.00 ????? or even SR3?

• @daveso said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

@NathanK said in Poser 11 SR4 update questions:

Anyone else have this problem?
    Mac OS 10.11.5

how do you re-install too Poser 11.00 ????? or even SR3?

I have the original install disk for Poser 11. This is a great advantage to getting Poser on DVD, instead of just by internet! I learned this precaution long ago on some other flaky software.

I could not figure out how to retreat to 11.03, however, which I would have preferred. Download Manager did not seem to have that capability.

• I saw elsewhere here that someone said it took 3 minutes for the libraries to appear the first time 11.04 launched. I guess I never waited that long, so I don't know if it would have worked for me.