Eros & Psyche: The movie

• @eclark1849
    Technically, this was just a test per AmbientShade's suggestion.
    The idea is to "stitch" all the different parts of the outfit so that it can be converted to a dynamic cloth without it falling apart.

@kalypso
    Thank you for the tip Kalypso! Definitely an interesting program to look into.

• The two older and somewhat envious sisters:

Story so far:
    Psyche was so beautiful that all the men and women in the land came to admire her while ignoring her two older sisters.
    This did not sit very well with the envious sisters, who plotted against Psyche to undermine her popularity.

• The fame of her beauty was so great that strangers from neighboring countries came in crowds to enjoy the sight, and looked on her with amazement, paying her that homage which is due only to Aphrodite herself. In fact Aphrodite found her altars deserted, while men turned their devotion to this young virgin. As she passed along, the people sang her praises, and strewed her way with chaplets and flowers. (source: Thomas Bulfinch)

• Here's the sequence for Aphrodite. Needless to say, she is not too happy about her "followers" bailing on her.
    This was the hardest one to set up so far because of her expressive way of talking. The body language and facial expressions are not all there, but hopefully the animatic works well so far cinematically.

What you guys think of Aphrodite's voice?

• The first & second production stages of this episode, the animatic is now done.
    The third stage is breakdown or inbetweens, also known as linear animation.

Here's the opening scene as "linear" blocking or more technically, at 6 FPS:

The blue dress might be too revealing and the red one too prudish...

• Some more blocking action for your viewing pleasure:

Up next: rough animation...

• That's awesome! What an ambitious project! I drink to its success!

• @fbs7
    Thank you my friend... and I raise a toast to your health!

• Straight from the director's desk:

Those of you with directorial inclinations are invited to sit in the director's chair to see if you agree with this scene's direction so far.

Do you like the timing? Are the lines not too corny? This scene has been chopped up so much, that the lines now sound temporary at best.

Before a new retake is ordered, we'd love to hear from you because this scene is the most important one in the entire flick--the god of love, Eros, falls in love with Psyche, a mortal girl.

• 0_1514694043034_HNY-R.jpg

Happy & Prosperous New Year!
    May Eros within you raise your soul to the heights of Mt. Olympus, the adobe of the gods.

• We're on our way now! Here's the first finished clip to give you an idea of what the final animation will look like fully rendered and animated.

This scene is a "flash-forward", the part where Psyche is sent by Aphrodite to the underworld to fetch the goddess a beauty balm. The only way Psyche knows how to get to the underworld, is to jump off something high. In the original story it was a tower, but in this case, a cliff will do as well.

Will she do it? Will she jump? Stay tuned and find out...

• Pretty impressive work there! All this was done in poser?

• @Lotharen
    Thank you Lotharen.
    Yup, Poser all the way, with a little help from Maya (modeling the outfit) and After Effects for video editing.

• @krios I liked it, but in my mind, I see the wind blowing, but nothing blowing IN the wind, like leaves. It would also be nice if you could find a way to animate a few strands of hair in the wind.

• @eclark1849
    I know. The scene is as dry as a nun's sense of humor.
    Was just about to post a thread here about VFX for some kind of dust or particles that could be animated in Poser or After Effects.
    But thanks for the leaf idea, that might be doable as there are plenty of props for that.
    As for the hair, as nice as it would be, we're only aiming for 80% quality ;]

• Great work. It's always nice to see quality animation coming from Poser.

• @Me195
    Thank you for your kind words.
    What you see is student level stuff... just imagine what a professional animator could do with Poser.

• Poser Ambassadors

@krios Really really nice work. :)

• @Ghostman
    Thank you Ghostman, glad you dig it :]

• The updated version and the official teaser:

Improved lighting, and as @eclark1849 suggested, a bit of "confetti" (Petal Storm) by Evil Innocence.