Extended Download Service

• Ok, again - if you can download trial version, why you need EDS? Which advantages it gives you?

• I've downloaded the trial version and used my serial number to activate it. It's the full version. If you want to use the 2 year extension service - use it. If you want to download the trial version and activate it with your serial number do that.

I'm not sure what you're asking. I told you that you can activate the trial version and you said you're asking about the extension service. I told you about the extension service and you ask why you can't just use the trial version.

• Seems some misunderstanding here. What is Extended Download Service? I thought it is a kind of service which allows you to download purchased product any time during 2 years. If so - its pointless becoz you can activate trial version. May be Im wrong in some point, in this case please explain.

• Is there some reason not to backup the installer files on one's Dropbox, or Google Drive accounts?

Personally the best option IMO is to backup to CD/DVD/SSD —and buy an external drive to use them; cloud backups are fine to have, but they can disappear, or be inaccessible from one's location. ISO files, and physical media can be in-hand, and provide immediate access. Just the other day, I was on the road, and needed to download from Humble Bundle, and the tablet I was on wasn't recognized by HB, so they sent me a verification code... and the tablet didn't have the password to that email account. No verification, no download—despite having the correct login credentials for HB. I could (should have) have had that stuff on an SD chip in my wallet.

• The EDS is a service that allows you to download a product anytime within the 2 year period after the purchase of the EDS. Smith Micro sells a lot of programs and they offer an EDS on all of them. In the case of CSP, the trial version activates to full version using the serial number. It's entirely up to you what you want to do with that info but I've never had to use an EDS with CSP. I have had to use it with other software.

• I think it's a valid point... Of what benefit is the EDS if the trial is freely downloadable, and otherwise behaves identically to the full installer?

**I still say local backups are better than corporate cloud, because the cloud backup can be updated without one's consent, and perhaps that's not wanted.... if so, then tough luck getting the previous version.

• I think it's just a service that's offered for everything that gets sold. I've never needed it with CSP. I have needed it for other programs although I do prefer to back up to DVD. I was in China recently and needed a download. Spent a few bucks and extended for 2 years.

• Guys, please stop offering backups on physical drives. This is obvious. And please don't answer if you are not sure how EDS works with CSP. The only thing I understood at the moment is that it's up to me to pay 10 extra bucks for nothing or not. The advantage of EDS for Clip Studio still unclear.

• Poser Team

If you purchase something from Content Paradise without EDS, you have one month download window.
    If you add EDS to your order, you extend that window to 2 years.

If an installer for a demo can be unlocked to the full program your fine, until the demo isn't available for that version.

In the case of Clip Studio Paint I personally don't see where EDS has an advantage.
    The demo can be unlocked, and you can get the demo from Clipstudio.net as well.

No idea if that will change in the future, my crystal ball is broken.....

• @shvrdavid thanx a lot. Now things much more clear.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.