Beta-Testers Wanted for Unique Character Package

• I'm seeking a beta-tester for a somewhat unique package for Genesis 8 Female in Poser Pro 11. It's basically a SuperFly texture/shader set, but it comes with a Python script that allows the user to control material settings via parameter dials instead of manually applying different presets. Skin color, eye color, the presence or absence of freckles, etc. can all be changed by just spinning these dials. It's a bit like Bagginsbill's Parmatic, except that you don't have to re-run the script every time you change a value (which is necessary with Parmatic, at least if I recall correctly). The shader updates itself automatically (though the preview admittedly does not) in real time.

Here's a screenshot of the dials:
    alt text

And here's a sample render (not using the same dial settings as in the screenshot):
    alt text

If you're wondering how to get a posable Genesis 8 into Poser, a fellow at Renderosity named Willdial has devised a relatively easy procedure for importing Genesis 3 that carries over perfectly to Genesis 8! The PDF included with this free utility will tell you what you need to know, and there's also a support forum. The updater for the G3 expressions even works on G8!

• Poser Ambassadors

Parmatic updates without being run again. That's the point. It replicates dial changes to dozens of material zones in real time, continuously.

• Thanks for the correction, BB. I wasn't sure, which is why I said "at least if I recall correctly."

I don't suppose I could talk you into testing this package?

• Poser Ambassadors

I would but I have no energy to deal with Genesis 8.

• You don't like Genesis 8?

• Poser Ambassadors

I think the problem is that most people here have not invested anything in G3 or G8, so they are not really able to test the character for you unless they install DS to get the characters and then invest in addons to be able to use it. (at least that is why I cannot betatest it for you)

• Thanks, Wimvdb! Actually, G8 comes free with the latest version of DS (which is also free), along with a starter kit of poses and clothing. I don't need any fancy renders or anything, so the pack could be tested without posing or clothing the figure at all. I just need someone to do a seam check and verify that it all works as intended.

• Are you in a hurry? I need Gen8 female to make an add-on for the Prefitter.
    I used Willdials procedure a few days ago to get gen8 into Poser and got her working to good satisfaction but then DS decided to start a fight over identities and swamp my system drive with content ignoring the Gigabytes of stuff on the content drive. I killed DS for that, probably got blacklisted at DAZ, so I am not sure if my Poser Gen8 still works. LOL!

Your product looks interesting and I would be willing to help but will have time for Poser again only after a week or so from now.
    Let me know if this would suit you.

• @fverbaas It's been a week. If you're still interested and newly available, please let me know, and I'll send you a download link via PM.

• @wimvdb said in Beta-Testers Wanted for Unique Character Package:

I think the problem is that most people here have not invested anything in G3 or G8, so they are not really able to test the character for you unless they install DS to get the characters and then invest in addons to be able to use it. (at least that is why I cannot betatest it for you)

^--- This.

I wouldn't mind fiddling with G3, I just can't be bothered to devote the time and extra resources to it.

• @glossaphile
    Sorry for not responding sooner. Real life kicked in.
    I finally managed to get G8F going again on Poser and if still useful I will be happy to give your interesting develpment a try.

Will send you a sitemail.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.