Looking for a script or solution

• Hello everyone!, I'm hoping someone here can help me or point me in the right direction.

First, some background, I use motion capture, both for facial and body. In the past, I've been able to use fbx successfully in Poser, but somewhere down the line the fbx import/export capabilities in Poser have broken, which kind of directed me over to Studio (which I don't like)

My workflow used to be export fbx from poser, animate in Motion builder, then import the fbx file back into poser and save as a pose. This used to work.. Now however, it doesn't (and I've already submitted tickets for this)

Digging into the pz2 file, I discovered that when Poser exports the fbx file, it uses the Poser external names "Left Shoulder", "Right Shoulder", etc, which is fine for animating in mobu, but when importing the file back into Poser and saving as a pose, it keeps that naming and Poser doesn't know what to do with it. I saved a pz2 internally within Poser, and found out it uses the Poser internal name.. which I think is what is causing my problem. I tested a couple of nodes by editing them manually and it works, but boy, what a pain.

I was thinking that either a script that would change the default fbx export to the poser internal names or a script that after the fact could read a pz2 and change them, would help.. I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea even where to start with this.

Any ideas or is there someone out there smarter than me that could help?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.