The New Content Paradise is LIVE!

• Hi everyone! Super excited to announce the new Content Paradise is live! Head there now to check out the new site and save on our launch party deals: http://contentparadise.com/DefaultV2.aspx

• Poser Ambassadors

Why are 3D figures mixed with character textures?

• Poser Ambassadors

@anniespewak Great. Thank you .

• Why does it demand credit card/Paypal information to download a free item? That's NOT gonna happen.

• Good to see this get an update! It looks nice, although I noticed it still opens larger images in a new browser window, which feels a bit dated.

Let's hope the vendors take this opportunity to get some fancy new renders to go along with their products.

• Poser Ambassadors

@baginski You are a first time buyer? Maybe this is the reason. Over DAZ, or RDNA in the past, you had to be also a full registered customer to download store freebies.

• @baginski maybe it's because the "Extended Download" item is also on the cart. You need to remove it so you have only free items in the cart.

• @adosity Also does not let you flick through the series of images. Instead you have to close the current image and then open the next one to look at.

• Poser Ambassadors

Can't say that I'm much impressed by the new site. And what's with all these DS products?

• I will say this though. Tempestart has some really nice faces going on for Pauline.

• @Ghostman I didn't notice that before, but there are a lot of them aren't there?

• @Batman said in The New Content Paradise is LIVE!:

Well, I don't know what it looked like when you checked it out 6 hours ago, but I'm seeing 3D Figures & Scenes, 3D Characters, 2D Characters & Scenes and 2D Graphics as separate items in the top menu with appropriate submenu items, so there shouldn't be any problem viewing the separate category you're interested in.

I, also, would've preferred to be able to view all the promos in the popup the main promo produces, and it would be nice if the window wasn't so much larger than the promo, but the same size as the actual image.

Other than that, I'm not having any problems with the new design, though I didn't try purchasing anything today. I am disappointed to hear they still have the damn re-download fee, but I suspect that's not going to disappear any time soon.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B said in The New Content Paradise is LIVE!:

@Batman said in The New Content Paradise is LIVE!:

Well, I don't know what it looked like when you checked it out 6 hours ago, but I'm seeing 3D Figures & Scenes, 3D Characters, 2D Characters & Scenes and 2D Graphics as separate items in the top menu with appropriate submenu items, so there shouldn't be any problem viewing the separate category you're interested in.

I wasn't going to say anything but this made me decide to speak up.

The categories are nonsense and I certainly see a problem viewing what you're interested in. For example, open the 3D Character / Materials and Shaders.

I looked through the first two pages and the matches seem completely random. (Buildings, lanterns, cactus, car) And NOTHING in there is a shader - nothing at all.

• Poser Ambassadors

@bagginsbill Because the vendors use any kind of tag.

• Poser Ambassadors

@prosas said in The New Content Paradise is LIVE!:

@baginski maybe it's because the "Extended Download" item is also on the cart. You need to remove it so you have only free items in the cart.

Still with the extended downloads... really? No other site does this.

• @bagginsbill said in The New Content Paradise is LIVE!:

@Miss-B said in The New Content Paradise is LIVE!:

I wasn't going to say anything but this made me decide to speak up.

The categories are nonsense and I certainly see a problem viewing what you're interested in. For example, open the 3D Character / Materials and Shaders.

I looked through the first two pages and the matches seem completely random. (Buildings, lanterns, cactus, car) And NOTHING in there is a shader - nothing at all.

Actually, I've since come to the same decision. However, someone on the HiveWire forum mentioned there's an Advanced Search, but so far it's only available if you type something in the Search box and hit Enter. Then you'll get thumbnails pertaining to your search term, but ALSO a text link for the Advanced Search.

What they really need to do is add the Advanced Search text link directly under the Search box on the front page of the store, making it easier for folks to narrow down what they're searching for from the get-go.

• Just used CP to pick up a couple of things from my wishlist with the 25% off coupon. Couple of things I found annoying, I don't mind the extended download fee, I back my own stuff up, but firstly it's automatically put in your basket, and then if you remove it and then use the coupon it's put back in again! That is really annoying- hey guys, I've deleted it once, can't you get the message I DON'T WANT IT!!!.
    Also old cp went to the downloads once you placed the order, new doesn't. I was going round in circles thinking nothing had happened until I looked in the history of my account and found the downloads available there.
    And one final thing, doesn't seem now to have a filter by software function, or at least I couldn't find one.

• @j.naylor73 It's on the advanced search function. You CAN call up the advanced search. Just type some nonsense into the search function, one or two leterrs ought to do, then hit search. The search will fail, but it will call the advanced search function automatically. But yeah, they need to have that available from the start. Of course, better categorizing in the first place would make the advance search function unnecessary in most cases, I believe.

• @anniespewak It's a good start.

• @anniespewak I'm disappointed in the need to purchase extended downloads. That overshadows my view of the entire store. Objectively though it is the best version content paradise yet. I found it easier to navigate and get to the things I am interested in problems with mixed results in categories notwithstanding. I think it is a great step in the right direction. I just hope SmithMicro will press on with it.