Another Python Question:

• If anyone who codes python can answer this question for me, I'd certainly appreciate it. Can you animate a figure or object in Poser using python? For example, let's say I want to do something rather simple like roll a ball from point A to Point C in Poser. Now I want to animate the ball rolling from point A to point C. And just to make it interesting (because I'm working on a bowling ball in Blender right now. let's say the ball rolls down the lane (point A to point B again) and when it reaches the pins at Point C they scatter. And I want to do all this via a panel in Python.

• @eclark1849 briefly digressing, your scenario sounds exactly like something you would do with Bullet Physics as a first choice, rather than Python. That said, and collision/dynamics/physics calculations aside, animating a rolling sphere, without calculating friction effects, or linear path deviations due to spinning/sliding, is quite simple in python. All you're really doing is setting translation and rotation key frames for the bowling ball. Being a sphere, the circumference and hence rolling rotation angle per unit of distance travelled are very simply defined, with well-known formulas. Just don't expect to be able to do the same "on a cloth untrue, with a twisted cue and elliptical billiard balls" - no angular rotation formula, requiring massive numerical integration techniques, (I have attempted similar for an elliptical rolling frustum (truncated, elliptical cone) while trying to realistically simulate a human figure rolling over without slipping).

When it comes to the scattering pins, I have a vague memory that Ockham (IIRC) had a script animating billiard balls on a table, [NO, I was confussticated, but] Ockham's Bungalow does have an exploder script which might be useful to look at for animating objects going in random directions, though that may just be animating a morph). Wait, I've just remembered the billiard ball simulation was part of FaceOff's PoserPhysics promo, which has now been incorporated/superceded by Poser's built-in Bullet Physics Controls.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.