Adjusting library display order.

• I have a grip ton of separate Runtime libraries sorted mostly by base mesh/character (V4, TY2, M4 etc)
    I have over 20 separate runtimes in my list. If I want to re-order them is there a way to do it without wiping out the list and re-importing the runtimes one by one. I haven't had luck figuring it out.

Thanks in advance.
    -DP

• Go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11 and find the LibraryPrefs.xml and make a copy of it. Then open the original in a notepad editor (don't use Word it adds stuff). Now you can sort the library how you want it. If you have a different version, it might not be in a slightly different location, but still under roaming.

• @digitalpanther I don't have separate Runtimes like that, but I do have 2 versions of Poser, as well as my old DS 3Advanced Runtimes accessible both in Poser 9 and Poser Pro 11.

What I didn't like was the Download(s) Library that comes with Poser, as it was listed first, and I always manually install products, so never use it, and wanted it listed last.

I don't recall where I found this information, as I just checked the Poser Manual and didn't find it, but if you make a copy of the LibraryPrefs.xml file, which can be found in your AppData\Roaming\PoserPro\11 folder with Windows, I have no clue where you would find those files on a MacOS, then you can open the copy of the LibraryPrefs.xml file in a plain text editor, though I would NOT suggest Notepad if you're on a Windows computer, and then carefully change the order of the list.

I only have 3 (in P9) and 4 (in PP11), so it was easy for me. How you would get it accomplished with so many separate Runtimes, I'm not sure, but definitely take your time, as there is a "searchIndexed=" set for each going from 1 through whatever your last Runtime would be in the list. IOW, if you have 20 Runtimes, they would indicate "searchIndexed=1" through "searchIndexed=20", with the default Poser Downloads Runtime as no. 21, if you decide to list it last as I did.

Again, take your time, and definitely work with a copy, in case you need to start over. You can always rename the original to LibraryPrefs-OLD.xml when you're ready to test out your edited copy.

Hope that helps.

• Thank you both @redphantom and @Miss-B .

I will do that.
    If any of the dev team is watching. Feature request. (after the other major bugs are fixed) A drag and adjust within the program to sort library order would be great for those of us with more content then the average bear.

-DP

• There is one thing to be careful of. The first library should be the default library for whatever version of poser you are using if you use favorites. If you move that one, you will lose all favorites you might have saved. All others can be moved around as necessary.

Bill

• It worked like a charm!
    Thank you again for the heads up.
    Oh, and UMMMM I mispoke in my initial estimate I am apparently running 61 different runtimes. The LibraryPrefs.xml numbers the indices. Shocked me too.
    Fortunately I didn't have to edit the index number. It did that automatically when I fired up Poser then went back in and looked at the Pref file.

Thanks a ton! You guys saved me a serious amount of work.
    -DP

• @willyb53 I thought that might be the case so I left it well enough alone and only re-ordered my added RTs.
    Good call out on the warning for others who might not be as cautious. :)
    -DP

• @willyb53 Yes, that's how I usually do it, so Poser 9's Runtime is the first listed in my P9 Library, and PoserPros 11's Runtime is the first listed in my PP11 Library.

I just did it by default, so thanks for posting about it, as I didn't know it SHOULD be that way. I don't use Favorites, it just made more sense to me to list them in that order.

• @digitalpanther said in Adjusting library display order.:

It worked like a charm!
    Thank you again for the heads up.
    Oh, and UMMMM I mispoke in my initial estimate I am apparently running 61 different runtimes. The LibraryPrefs.xml numbers the indices. Shocked me too.
    Fortunately I didn't have to edit the index number. It did that automatically when I fired up Poser then went back in and looked at the Pref file.

Thanks a ton! You guys saved me a serious amount of work.
    -DP

Glad to hear it worked out, and good to know you didn't have to change the Index numbers. I only have 2 or 3, depending on the version of Poser, so wasn't a big deal, but it's certainly good to know in any case.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.