11 second club

• Greetings & salutations!

This thread is dedicated to the 11 second club monthly competitions.
    Feel free to spam this thread with your own submissions.

Here's one for this month (Sep.)
    Two Terai Yukis and some hand-me-downs from her uncle Mike... or is it her nephew since she came out way before M4 ;]

• Poser Ambassadors

Nice work.
    Haven't thought about that club in years.
    Makes me miss animation school.

• Brilliantly done! I love the expressions in the toons!

Terai Yuki is really such a wonderful character to work with. I wish I had the skill to make something like this.

• @fbs7 said in 11 second club:

Terai Yuki is really such a wonderful character to work with.

...and Terai Yuki is a character from 1991, can you imagine a modern TY? With weight mapping, various other P11 advanced features, and a few more controls on her eye brows other then up & down? Poor girl doesn't even have jaw side to side movement.

@AmbientShade

It's still around, and it's never too late to flex your animation muscles against world wide competition ;]

• @krios Very cool!

• @krios

Count me among the Terai Yuki fans as well, but IIRC, the rights to Terai Yuki are still in the hands of the original creator (I can't remember, however, who that was).

• @Deecey said in 11 second club:

... the rights to Terai Yuki are still in the hands of the original creator (I can't remember, however, who that was).

According to this video the character (assuming TY) was produced by Toyoshi Nagata ???

But according to the official TY 2 ReadMe & Content Paradise the creator is e-Frontier

@ghostship
    Thanks ghostship :]

• @krios said in 11 second club:

Here's one for this month (Sep.)

What are the specs for this animation? IOW, how was it rendered, what sort of rendering settings did you use, number of frames, time, etc? And, for phonemes, what did you use?

(Or, was it someone else's?)

• @morkonan said in 11 second club:

What are the specs for this animation? IOW, how was it rendered, what sort of rendering settings did you use, number of frames, time, etc? And, for phonemes, what did you use?

specs: 24 FPS, keyed every 4th frame with minimal inbetween adjustments
    simple FireFly render, setting:

0_1506188281809_settings.jpg

~ 432 frames @ 24 f/s = 18 sec.

As for phonemes, it's all hand animated... whatever sound happens to be on the main keys (every 4th frame) that's what the mouth is shaped to. Beyond that, just a very few slight adjustments between the main keys. Beginner animators attempt to hit phonemes and such, but humans don't talk like that.

• @krios
    EFrontier bought the rights to it if I remember correctly. They may still own the rights.

• @Deecey About time they updated the old gal.

• I think that TY2 would be the perfect default character for Poser.

She's very cute, incredibly expressive, and moves very well too; and her default hair matches her perfectly.

I've modified pretty much every single toon I've got - Posette, Judy, V2, V3, etc... But every time I think of modifying TY2 I think "I can't do that... it would be a violation of a work of art.. I can't do any better". So until today I use TY2 with default shape, default texture, default hair...the only thing I changed are her clothes and shoes (bit of a challenge there, because she has huge feet).

A product used year after year with no changes - that's brilliance.

• @fbs7
    When you say modified, would you be able to "enhance" TY2 as well?
    And while on this topic, maybe we (the Poser community) can do a Kickstarter campaign and pay someone his/her weight in US coins to upgrade our favorite character. Wonder if e-Frontier would be down with that?

• @krios said in 11 second club:

@fbs7
    When you say modified, would you be able to "enhance" TY2 as well?
    And while on this topic, maybe we (the Poser community) can do a Kickstarter campaign and pay someone his/her weight in US coins to upgrade our favorite character. Wonder if e-Frontier would be down with that?

Sure; Morph Tool is excellent to generate your own morphs swiftly; or export as OBJ, edit in Blender and import as morph.

I've changed pretty much all the textures too in my other toons, pretty much to adjust tone while keeping good-looking eyebrows. Most toons have eyebrows in the texture, so when you manipulate the skin tone via nodes that affects the eyebrows too, and one ends with odd-looking eyebrows. So I adjust skin tone with some external graphical too.

But that's pretty much it for me; I'm not good enough to try to mess with things like joints and whatnots.

• @fbs7
    Good to know fbs. For now it would be nice to have more control over her eyebrows (inner & outer up down stuff)...

• Poser Ambassadors

Follow this tutorial to create morphs for Poser figures :

To make FBM and HD morphs, follow this tutorial :

Why you should never export an obj from Poser can be seen here :

Best regards, and have fun using the Poser tools. Toly

• @vilters
    Thank you for the resources Toly!
    Much appreciated.

• @vilters

Uh.... very smart idea of using morph tool to transfer a subD morph from blender!

I think that assumes that Blender and Poser sub-divide the same way, right? If they did different ways then the meshes would be incompatible. But I see that work, so it's really a very smart idea!

Gotta love the Morph Tool in Poser. It's really one of the most brilliant pieces of software engineering I've seen in many year! Whoever did that deserves a raise!

• Poser Ambassadors

@fbs7
    Glad you like my tutorials. (there are 7 of them)
    If you need something specific, just ask, I"ll see what i can do.
    Best regards, Tony

• The votes are in for September, and this entry landed in the 29th spot out of 128 submissions.
    Not too shabby for a character who could be a grandmother to the more up to date rigs floating around these days ;]

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.