G3F shoes for V4?

• I am still struggling with using G3F in Poser, so I keep using the faithful and beloved Victoria 4 for the time being.

I was wondering if there is a way to fit shoes made for G3F to V4, as they can basically be used as a non-conforming prop without moveable parts. Resizing the shoes and fitting Vicky's feet should not be a problem.

I understand that the DAZ packages do not contain OBJ files any more (although they are certainly hidden in a container file somewhere), so simply importing the OBJ file and turning it into a prop does not do the trick.

Is there a way that Vicky can wear her younger sister's beautiful new shoes?

• DAZ items keep their geometry in DSF files, in the data folder. Morphs and UV sets also live in separate DSFs. I use Dimension3D's DSF Toolbox to convert them to OBJ; any morphs you want to use also need to be converted separately. Figure specific morphs may not be all that useful.

They'll be huge when you import them into Poser, so you'll need to scale; if you mean to include morphs, do the scaling after importing, not in the import dialogue. The appropriate scaling appears to be 0.41%, or 1/234.84, at least on items I've converted.

You'll also need to reposition and apply materials yourself. I'm not clear why converted DSFs don't seem to import in the right position.

• @englishbob said in G3F shoes for V4?:

DAZ items keep their geometry in DSF files, in the data folder. Morphs and UV sets also live in separate DSFs. I use Dimension3D's DSF Toolbox to convert them to OBJ; any morphs you want to use also need to be converted separately. Figure specific morphs may not be all that useful.

They'll be huge when you import them into Poser, so you'll need to scale; if you mean to include morphs, do the scaling after importing, not in the import dialogue. The appropriate scaling appears to be 0.41%, or 1/234.84, at least on items I've converted.

You'll also need to reposition and apply materials yourself. I'm not clear why converted DSFs don't seem to import in the right position.

Hello.

When you use DSF Toolbox go to the Options tab and change the "Scale factor from OBJ to DSF" drop down to "Poser".
    When you convert a DSF file this will now save the objects in Poser scale.
    When you import the object into Poser - on the import dialogue box - leave the scale set to 100% but untick all options - click ok.

The shoes will now import the right size and in the right position for Genesis 3.

You could then use the grouping to to make them into props for Victoria 4

Hope that helps

• @adi said in G3F shoes for V4?:

When you use DSF Toolbox go to the Options tab and change the "Scale factor from OBJ to DSF" drop down to "Poser".
    When you convert a DSF file this will now save the objects in Poser scale.

I hadn't spotted that, thanks!

• @oldenburg it's coming, though I can't say exactly when. If you look at this question-for-those-who-use-both-poser-and-daz-studio thread, I have a python script which can directly import DAZ props into Poser from their .duf or .dsf files.

The original intention was to import and natively rig Genesis figures in Poser, but the code capable of importing an unrigged prop could certainly be extracted into a separate script.

Others have mentioned that they successfully use the existing DSON Importer to bring DAZ props into Poser, and I imagine that you would be able to export an obj from Poser once imported, then re-import the obj and save it as a library prop without invoking DSON Importer, in the interrim.

• Simply load the shoes in DS and export them individually as obj’s. They keep their textures, and you can access all the other textures by clicking browse in the material room. It’s hard to re-rig them for V4 because her feet are’t flat at zero pose, but you can try @Glitterati3D’s method described elsewhere on this board.

• Thanks at everybody who replied! I didn't know that there is already a bag full of solutions for my problem. I'll try them out and see what fits me best.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.