Basic delete / clear question

• When I select and area and hit the back space to clear, it won't clear the area. I'm not sure where I can find the short cut modification and to which setting I need to alter it to.

Also when I get the size of an object scaled to the desired settings and hit enter, the transform preview boundaries don't go away. I have to click a tool or a layer option before getting a prompt asking me if that I wanted to commit to that tranformation (which is pretty annoying after a while). How can I circumvent this?

Thanks so much guys!!

• @bayridgeartist

Use the Delete key instead of backspace.

Press the Enter key when done with all transformations.

Note that transformations on raster layers are technically destructive (but just a little bit). So as a rule-of-thumb try to get as many of the transformations that you need done... done in one commit; rather than in several consecutive ones.

• Thank you @mechanaut - often the return key wont' release the transformation - has anyone had that issue before?

Thanks again!!

• @mechanaut ![alt text](0_1507062494833_Screenshot 2017-10-03 16.27.30.png image url)
    So this is where I have set settings to "DEL" but when I try to hit the del button after making a selection with a marquee tool, it won't delete. I found out that I need to hit the command opt button at the same time. Wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.