11 Seconds Club Thingie

• @fbs7
    You welcome!
    If work permits, it would be interesting to do something with sound FX instead of dialogue.
    Looks like there are only two entries so far this month.

Also, if you want some feedback before you submit your clip, hit up the forum.

• @fbs7 I made a quick animation of a tank top as an example of method I described above simulation ran about an hour, spawning morphs and key-frames about 20 min... no fussing around with it at all(it could use some), morphs are smooth as silk while, the original simulation was totally unusable. One thing I forgot to mention, all morphs have to be linear else they'll be bouncy.

• Appreciate it.

• Alright, next attempt on the last step; no major changes in movements, just small adjustments of movements all over the place; I've created a simple morph face for the dog as surprise to give a bit of comical effect:

I think I'm almost done with this; at this point it's in the range of smaller returns, and I have no ambitions about it, just wanted to see how I'd do with with animation with sound and to show my workflow for animation at 12 fps.

Up so far about 12 hours spent on this, of which maybe 9 hours were trying to get these stupid dynamic clothes under control. In restrospect I should have made the dress conforming, and should have given a skeleton to the blanket (say 8 bones like a spider) and animated it like a figure; that would have been way simpler and probably faster, but then I didn't expect that the blanket and dress would interfere with each other the way they did.

If I find some patience hiding around I'll try to retime it to 24 fps to see if the artifacts with the cloth simulation (the shimmering in some areas) will go away.

• Alright; I'm done with this project; final considerations on this:

(a) Don't use dynamic clothes unless you really need them; I was too optimistic about that blanket and nightgown, and ended up spending 80% of my time on them instead of refining the animation; in the long term these dynamic clothes proved to be a mistake

(b) I ended up doing a last minute retime from 12 fps to 24 fps to improve the dynamic clothes; these retimes make movements to look odd, as the timings get off, but I didn't have more time to invest on that, so I left that as is; it's a pity, as the animation of these details is really what makes animation enjoyable

(c) The sound file added constraints on the timing; I still would rather do a silent animation than one with pre-set sound, where I can set timings for movements without other constraints.

That's it. Thanks.

• @fbs7 said in 11 Seconds Club Thingie:

(a) Don't use dynamic clothes unless you really need them...

Wise words to live by.
    Will you take a stab at this month's voice over?

• @krios said in 11 Seconds Club Thingie:

@fbs7 said in 11 Seconds Club Thingie:

(a) Don't use dynamic clothes unless you really need them...

Wise words to live by.
    Will you take a stab at this month's voice over?

Not sure; I can't really relate to much of that voice over... I wish they would do something funnier

• An idea for the voice over...

• @fbs7
    What kind of facial controls do you have for that character?
    How angry can he look?

@fbs7
    What kind of facial controls do you have for that character?
    How angry can he look?

Oh, that's stock Edgar 2; he's amazing, actually, he has a ton of mouth and jaw controls. I'm very happy with him.

Not so happy with Squeaker. He hardly has a mouth open, but he's the only rat I have, so I may need to get some morphing action going to get some talking going.

• @fbs7
    He seems alright, limited facial controls, but he does have a few.
    He might fit in better with the other cartoony characters on 11sec club.
    Not sure about the rat though... it might take you more work to get some good morphs on him then to animate him.

@fbs7
    He seems alright, limited facial controls, but he does have a few.
    He might fit in better with the other cartoony characters on 11sec club.
    Not sure about the rat though... it might take you more work to get some good morphs on him then to animate him.

yeah, that rat is a problem